Honored Contributor

How often do you shop various shopping channels?

As for myself...it's 99% QVC and 1% HSN. Only on rare occasions I will see something I find worthwhile on HSN. Over the past few years I only got the huggable hangers, a power tool kit for DH last Christmas and an upright Hoover wind tunnel vacuum.

I would check out a show here and there of HSN, EVine, etc, but mostly shop QVC. I guess most brands/items don't appeal to me as much as the ones on QVC.

Of coarse I shop other sites...ie Amazon, Barnes & Noble, EBay, etc, I'm just talking about the shopping channels.

Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you shop various shopping channels?

I used to hate going to the mall and wandering around trying to come up with gifts, or shopping for myself and finding things picked over.

I love shopping online, not just the shopping channels but other great places.

Honored Contributor

For years I was a loyal QVC shopper.  Now I order once or twice a month.  On the other hand I shop once or twice a week at HSN.  I seldom shop at EVINE. (only Beekman and Samuel B)

Honored Contributor

Not really very often, anymore.   I would say that 99% of the share would go to QVC.  Every now and then I buy something from Evine, and the last time I bought something from hsn was probably 3 or 4 years ago, if not more.  I found that the merchandise from there tended to be of much lower quality, over several categories.  I can't even remember the last time I watched them.

Most of my shopping, outside of what I get at the grocery store, is at Amazon.  That would be the VAST majority.

We don't do holiday-type shopping anymore, so that's not even a part of the equation for me.

Respected Contributor

I stopped checking out hsn quite awhile ago. At that time, I found them tacky and too trendy. Now that quality of design and materials on QVC has gone down, I don't watch much QVC. I never see evine and do not know what it is. My husband used to buy invicta watches from shop nbc, but he only bought the Swiss-made ones. I never saw anything tempting on that channel.

Valued Contributor

The vast majority of my shopping is done at Amazon.  I can't remember the last time I bought anything on the Q - not this year for sure.  Last week I ordered a Samsung phone from HSN and was pleasantly surprised that I could pay with Paypal.  That was the first time in probably 10 years I shopped there, but after browsing I'm sure I'll be there again soon.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday was the first time in at least 2 years that I've ordered something from QVC. HSN I will order maybe a couple of times a year. I would rather use Amazon, Zappos, Dooney, Brahmin websites. It has to be a great deal and free shipping for me to order off QVC or HSN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't buy anything from HSN for years, then I read on our Kitchen board here that people were finding great cooking items, so I took a look.  They've changed a lot, for the better. 

I got a couple of things there that people spoke highly of and I'm really happy with them.  My daughter loves the mini rice cooker and uses it all the time, for steaming, also.  When they have a sale, they really have a sale.

I've never bought clothes there, not my style.

Honored Contributor

This year I only shopped once on HSN. I prefer QVC. I love Linea clothing and arte d'oro 18k gold earrings from QVC. I also like some of the holiday wreaths. I still shop here a lot more than I realized when I looked over my orders for the year. My preference, though are brick and mortar stores. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I stopped checking out hsn quite awhile ago. At that time, I found them tacky and too trendy. Now that quality of design and materials on QVC has gone down, I don't watch much QVC. I never see evine and do not know what it is. My husband used to buy invicta watches from shop nbc, but he only bought the Swiss-made ones. I never saw anything tempting on that channel.

@libbyannE  Exactly! I could not find the words to explain why...and you stated it perfectly. That is what I think too when I watch HSN...