Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you receive broken or damaged goods?

I've frequently received broken/damaged goods from BOTH Zulily and Amazon but never from QVC.  I've actually received ceramic pieces from Zulily thrown in a box with absolutely no packing material.  I get fragile items in a box with a 12-pack of heavy canned dog food from Amazon.  I've learned not to order dog food and other items the same day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't order anything that's fragile or breakable online, I've had packages just thrown over my 6 foot high privacy fence too many times. ( by Amazon drivers who didn't even get out of their car, just got halfway out of the car & threw the package over the fence, & FedEx) 

Honored Contributor

I don't get damaged as much as defective stuff, that doesn't work like it is supposed to. Frustrating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Around 15% of the time.  I blame it on poor packaging by the manufacturer, but if QVC is buying this stuff, they should be insisting on better quality control.  Fragile isn't even marked on the boxes.  

I ordered 11 very fragile oriental vases and Tang horses with thin legs, of course, directly from Chinese sellers ranging from 24 to 30 inches tall.  All arrived in perfect condition, not even a hairline crack.  All delivered by UPS when they arrived in the U.S.

Those who receive packages by UPS should know they throw boxes around and should expect them to be packed accordingly by manufacturers.  If fragile was marked on the boxes, UPS would be more careful.  Shippers don't have time to handle every box as if something very fragile is inside unless it's marked.

But, I have gotten more defective products from QVC, around 30%, than damaged or broken during shipping.  

Honored Contributor

I would give anything to receive my orders.

I am ordering from Q, sams club, target and other places and the orders are showing as shipped up to my local post office and the packages disappear just disappear.  

I have asked places to not send thru post office to ship fed ex, but i guess it falls on deaf ears, everything is shipped to post office and i am without the product and trying to get refunds is awful, am accused of getting the items.  

this year has not been a good year for purchasing items on line for me.

Respected Contributor

I kind of smile when I see the FRAGILE red stamp or This End UP as what difference would that make? 

Over the years since be early 90s I had three   broken items from Q that were Valerie  Parr Hill items. My most recent breakage  was a Halloween  wine glass from Pier One.  I have had a few three wick candles break from Bath and Body.  Glass in below freezing is more breakable. Their CS is very nice. All broken items were replaced by all businesses. 

I have had a few really smashed and crushed boxes. Especially those partially filled ones. Lucky, as all ok.

I live over an hour from the nearest Mall, so shop on line a lot. The smaller closer Malls phased out , unfortunately.