Trusted Contributor

Re: How often do you fill your gas tank?

Twice per month.

Honored Contributor

Every 10 days.

Respected Contributor

Once every two weeks.   2019 Camry Hybrid.    58 MPG average 

Respected Contributor

Whenever the tank is half filled and there is a gas station I fill it up.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm going to be the freak show here - I only need to fill mine about two times a year.    I'm almost down to 1/4 tank so I need to get on that, and actually planned to today but that didn't work out.

I can't even remember when I filled it up last.

@chickenbutt, First my apology to the op for going a little off topic but I am rather desperate.

Chickenbutt, I remember a long time ago that you said there was something that you used to keep the battery from running down in your vehicle. My husband is very ill and no longer able to drive but his car battery keeps running down and it makes him really anxious. What is the name of the item that you use, because I HATE having to take it out and let it run to keep it going.

By the way it is so good to see you here again. Folks have been worried.

I fill my tank when it hits the half mark.

Yes!  The thing is called Battery Tender Jr.  The AAA guy told me about it when I kept having dead batteries and, at that time, I didn't understand why.  Turned out it was because I drive so little now.

I keep it in the back of my car and plug it in (I have an outlet in the perfect spot in my garage for when I back my car in) every few weeks or so and that keeps it charged up.   

You could just plug it in whenever you park your car and just leave it plugged in but I just know that I would forget and go plowing out of the garage with it plugged in.  EEK!!  heh

I got mine at one of those auto parts stores but you can also get them (probably for less) in places like Amazon.  

HTH  Smiley Happy   Thank You for the welcome and I hope you are doing well.  Heart

@chickenbutt  Thank you so much. I got in touch with the company and they said that the jr. would not work because his car has so many electronics. They recommended the larger plus version. This does not do damage to the battery the way a trickle charger can since it senses when the battery is going down. I could not for the life of me remember the proper name of that gadget.Thanks again and so glad you are back!!!Heart

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote

@chickenbutt  Thank you so much. I got in touch with the company and they said that the jr. would not work because his car has so many electronics. They recommended the larger plus version. This does not do damage to the battery the way a trickle charger can since it senses when the battery is going down. I could not for the life of me remember the proper name of that gadget.Thanks again and so glad you are back!!!Heart

Wo!  I don't know what I did there but, anyway, glad you are able to find the one suitable for your vehicle.  It didn't occur to me that it might be the right model, but then my car is from the last century.  LOVE my car, but it is old.  Back then, there wasn't all that electronic stuff, beyond just the beepy thing to lock/unlock it I suppose.  

I'm super glad you had somebody to talk to, to steer you in the right direction.   Hope this finds you well and having a good weekend.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I fill the gas tank about once a month.  I am lucky that everything I need is convenient to me.  I am not a homebody - out and about almost everyday.  

Respected Contributor

About every 4-6 weeks...

Esteemed Contributor

Once a week, when it's half empty.

Valued Contributor

Me  either @CrazyKittyLvr2 . I'm in FL and I've been conditioned to keep it half-full. It eases anxiety.