Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7Personally, I would give them each $10 and say have a nice lunch on me.   Why not make their day and their hard job just a bit nicer? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Zero.  This doesn't meet my "this deserves a tip" criteria.  Yes, I know I am a big fat meanie.

Esteemed Contributor

$0.00 is what I would tip for a job that isn't even going to take a half hour to do.

The uys are going to pick it up from the loading dock, drive two short miles, and then put it in her garage.

Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.

We are too eager to tip everyone for everything.

I'm not surprised if people tip their tax preparer.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

$0.00 is what I would tip for a job that isn't even going to take a half hour to do.

The uys are going to pick it up from the loading dock, drive two short miles, and then put it in her garage.

Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.

We are too eager to tip everyone for everything.

I'm not surprised if people tip their tax preparer.

It has gotten out of hand...along with tip jars on counters.

Are we supposed to tip every person that we cross paths with?

I tip servers and the person that cuts my hair, that's it.

Honored Contributor

Nothing.  It is their job.  Did anyone tip you when you worked?  I use to tip the moving men when I moved and I have moved several times.  I would not do it anymore.  Last time they scratched the top of my bedroom dresser and I did not take out the insurance (my fault).  I did not notice until after the fact and I tipped them.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Tipping is not mandatory. 

The OP didn't ask whether it was appropriate to tip.  She asked what would be a good amount to tip.  

Honored Contributor

Tip what you can afford.  For that reason, I wouldn't tip anything.  I agree with the other poster who said tipping is gone out of control. 

Supposedly, the reason for tipping in restaurants is because they are paid next to nothing and I understand the tip policy.  But this is not the case in most other jobs.

If they are doing you a favor, tip.  If they are not making a decent wage, tip.  If you just feel like tipping, tip.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Zero.  This doesn't meet my "this deserves a tip" criteria.  Yes, I know I am a big fat meanie.

LOL @KentuckyWoman!

We are "tip crazy" in America.

Honored Contributor

i like to tip where i think it might be needed or appreciated. i dont force anyone else to tip. so, you can call me "tip crazy," but it is MY money and i can spend it where i see fit.

tip if you want, dont tip if you dont want......no one is forcing anyone either way.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7

I'm thinking $10.00 for each person.  Or, depending on what you paid for the piece you could determine if 15 to 20% would be feasible for you.

I purchased an antique brass hall tree years ago and use it to display my  basket collection.  It's a conversation piece for sure.  Just saying.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~