Respected Contributor

Re: How much time daily do you spend WITH or AROUND your Significant Other?

@Mz iMac  Never for me as well.  He lives with his girlfriend and I live happily alone with my doggies. 

Life is great, and I hope he is happy, because I know that I am. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I spend 6 hours a day with my DH. (Sundays I spend all day with him) He works 6 days a week, I dont work. Hes in bed by 9 PM. Hes up at 4 AM. I am a late nighter. I mostly am just falling alseep when he gets up for work! lol.. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

My DH is disabled the last three years. He can no longer drive.  That means, everywhere he goes, I go with him.  I love him, but it's not a good situation for an introvert like me who needs alone time.  Thank goodness I have a job that I love and one that keeps me out of the house 8 hours a day.

@house_cat

I understand how you feel.  My husband has some severe health issues as well and though he is able to drive, he is limited in many ways.  I am also one who has always needed time for myself and I rarely ever get it any more.  Having recently retired, I know I am going to feel a bit caged at times and am going to have to find a way to learn to handle this!  My best wishes to you both!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

24/7. We're both retired now and spend every minute of every day with each other. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

DH and I retired on the same day three years ago and do everything together. We are genuinely best friends plus our faith is the foundation of our marriage.

When faced with life’s woes, there’s nothing like having your best friend at your side. 

Respected Contributor

This is such a timely question, for me anyway!  My DH retired almost two years ago and it has been a difficult adjustment, for me anyway.  When he worked, I had a part time job and it was perfection, the kids were grown and gone and I loved it, I could've done that forever!  DH wanted to retire and I don't blame him, but boy, I'm not one that likes that 24/7 thing!  When he retired we moved out of the area where we lived to a more afforable area and it took a year, from selling our home to building a new home.  We've been in our new home for a couple of months and I'm trying to get into a routine and doing things on my own.  He's content to just hang but I need a routine, a schedule.  It's getting better, but again, I still miss it when he worked full time and I worked part time.