Esteemed Contributor

Re: How much time daily do you spend WITH or AROUND your Significant Other?

DH works from home 3 or 4 days a week.So we are around eachother more.We love it!! DH works very hard but it’s nice that he’s close.We have breakfast & lunch together nearly every day.When his schedule permits we go out to lunch once a week.

Respected Contributor

Right now, the only time we are apart is when DH goes to the store. He is back to full retirement now. It's all good. 

Honored Contributor

He rises early, I sleep late, but every morning from 10-12:30 we watch game shows and local news on his TV in the living room.   At 12:30 we part ways; he usually naps in his recliner, and I move to my TV room, which is also connected to the laundry area, to do my thing.   

I see him often as I pass thru with laundry, or make trips to the bathroom; sometimes he will call out if he needs something (he’s been sidelined for 4 months due to a pressure ulcer on his foot).   

Around 3:30 I start supper, so we’re usually talking back and forth while I’m in the kitchen.   At 5:00 I’m in front of my TV watching local news again, and spend most of my evening out here.   I go to bed after the 10:00 news, and he stays up until 1:00 or later.   

Respected Contributor

We hang out well together but also do our own thing. We rarely watch the same things on tv, so we each have a den. I travelled so much in my career, and we both worked such long hours in our careers that it’s lovely to be home together—and NOT to be running to catch planes!! 

Honored Contributor

Daily, never.  We live in 2 different households.

I am retired.

He still works.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

A lot and I love it!

The only time we're apart is when he goes to work and to the health club.  He might go to this brother's house to watch a game or something - but we do almost everything together.

Everyone refers to us as two peas in a pod.  LOL

Respected Contributor

24/7.  I am a 24/7 caregiver for DH, thus the reason I now have high BP and other health issues.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Normally, we’re together a fragmented 3-4 hrs. in the evenings since DH is still working and has a very long commute in addition to his workday. I say fragmented because sometimes we watch some tv together but then one will leave to go on their computer or watch something else on another tv.  Weekends are similar, but all day, unless we have other plans to attend a concert, visit family, etc.  DH has been working from home for several weeks so he can be here for me during my recuperation from cervical spine surgery as there are some things I’m not permitted to do yet.  Most of the day he’s working, but he takes short breaks to check on me, do laundry, take care of the pets, etc. Our evenings and weekends remain the same.  I’m going to miss him when he returns to the office next week.  I’ve gotten a taste of what things will be like when he retires and I’m looking forward to it!  I like having him home!  

Honored Contributor

Less than an hour as we both work full time.

Respected Contributor

Retired a year already, and so far we are enjoying having more time together, but also enjoying our own hobbies and projects .😊