Honored Contributor

Re: How much sleep in 24 hours do you get?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not to be snarky but why would any one over the age of 12 go to bed at 9PM, if you sleep 8 hours would you be waking up at 5AM, wow. Not sure I understand.

Wow - what? Many people are early risers. We get a lot accomplished in the morning. I could never wake up 9am or later.

Not to mention, what about work schedules?  Some people have to be at work by 6:00 a.m. or earlier.   

lol that too - including me! 

I'm up by 6am on weekends as well.  Our dog won't allow me to sleep any later. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not to be snarky but why would any one over the age of 12 go to bed at 9PM, if you sleep 8 hours would you be waking up at 5AM, wow. Not sure I understand.

Wow - what? Many people are early risers. We get a lot accomplished in the morning. I could never wake up 9am or later.

Not to mention, what about work schedules?  Some people have to be at work by 6:00 a.m. or earlier.   

That is part of my clock to cooling down my bike riding is my next door neighbor leaving his home every morning at 5:55 to be at work at 6:00 a.m.  When I hear his car start up or see his headlights next door I know I can start thinking about quitting or going slower.  I love to hear his car!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I have always been a early riser. I would love to get 8 hours of sleep, but I usually run about 5 to 6 if I am lucky.

Every now and then I crash early because I cannot keep going! I liken those nights to being hit by a brick!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not to be snarky, but you'd die laughing at my schedule!! I love it.

Mine, too! Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

earlier.   

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a morning person.  I have to be at work at 8.  I generally start getting up around 6:30 and get out of bed about 6:45 but I'm not happy about it.  LOL  My DH gets up at 6:00 and is up as soon as the alarm goes off.  He used to have to be at work at 6:00 which meant up no later than 5. 

On the weekends, I'm up around 7 for the same reason as you.  My little Sally has no interest in letting me sleep later although as soon as she goes out, she goes back to bed.  But once I"m up, I can't go back to sleep.

How your little cutie patootie?  Lucy, right?    

Respected Contributor

When I was working I used to get about 6 hours sleep. I also had insomnia as well. Now that I am retired, I get 8-9 hours most nights. My health is better than its been in a while. I started walking as well and hope the weather gets warmer to walk.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I average 9 hours.  Healthier diet and exercise have facilitated a 70 lb. weight loss in the last year to improve my well-being.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

earlier.   

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a morning person.  I have to be at work at 8.  I generally start getting up around 6:30 and get out of bed about 6:45 but I'm not happy about it.  LOL  My DH gets up at 6:00 and is up as soon as the alarm goes off.  He used to have to be at work at 6:00 which meant up no later than 5. 

On the weekends, I'm up around 7 for the same reason as you.  My little Sally has no interest in letting me sleep later although as soon as she goes out, she goes back to bed.  But once I"m up, I can't go back to sleep.

How your little cutie patootie?  Lucy, right?    

@Lipstickdiva Yes!  She's great, thank you.  I love the name Sally, too.

Honored Contributor

Rarely less than 9 hours per night, unless someone has an early doctors appt.   I try to pay attention to my body and never short myself on sleep, or rest.   

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Beachy1 wrote:

I like to get a solid 8 hours every night.  I'm usually in bed by 9 pm.  Sticking to a strict sleeping routine is key for me. 

I don't eat after dinner, no caffeine past mid-afternoon, daily exercise, and not eating processed foods is just part of my routine. 

Maybe she's a morning person? Maybe her job requires her to be at work early? Maybe she prefers or has to work out early to get it in? Maybe she LIKES going to bed early? You say you weren't trying to be snarky, but it didn't work. You were!!