Trusted Contributor

Re: How much sleep in 24 hours do you get?

SeaMaiden, we have exactly the same bedtime hours! how can I not think of you now? lol! I like working out when all is quiet. it's also my time to think. I also just eat 2 meals a day, but unlike you, I have to snack. I quite enjoy it. I work out morning and afternoon, so that makes me feel less guilty about snacking. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I get around 7 hours sleep.  I am working on increasing my walking.  

Honored Contributor

6 hours

max 6.5

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

diet is 80%   exercise is 20%

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy, I totally agree with your post.  I drive 110 miles a day; up at 4:45am & if it is not enough to deal with the stress of work, it's the village idiots out on the road at that hour who haven't had their first cup of coffee yet...!  I average about 5-6 hrs a night on top of my stressful day (DH snores).  However, I prefer to be up early & have more time to unwind at night.  

Valued Contributor

I aim for 7-8, but average 5.5-6.5 according to my Fitbit.  It's really helped me keep track of my sleeping habits, plus keep me honest on my exercise!

My diet has been very good the last several years, as we have never consumed much processed food.  I'm fortunate that my kids like healthy, natural foods and home cooking. I just wish they'd learn to cook a bit more themselves! 😉

Respected Contributor

I wear a C-Pap so I know exactly, I average from 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. Last month while traveling, I was stranded in Atlanta without my C-pap hose because it was in my checked baggage. I had to sleep over and it was very noticeable how little sleep I got without using my machine.

Trusted Contributor

I get 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep each weeknight.  My weekday alarm goes off at 4:50 and I am in the pool at the rec center at 5AM.  I swim a mile (freestyle) and it takes about 40-45 minutes.  I am not very fast.  Later in the day I walk the dog about 30 minutes and ride a stationary bike 25 minutes each evening. 

My weekend alarm is my dog.  She wakes me up at about 6:15 AM when the paper carrier comes. 

Honored Contributor

4 hours is about right for me. Makes for longer days for those like myself, that are well into the last quarter of their time here. Why waste it sleeping, when for me "less is more"?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

According to my fitbit, I average a little over 7 hours a night getting up around 7 when the sun is getting brighter. I eat pretty well since I am a lifetime Weight Watcher but do have my cheat meals. I have always enjoyed exercise, I walk, belong to Curves, bowl in a league and take a weekly yoga class. I have a chronic back problem but find it is better when I exercise.