Honored Contributor

How much sleep in 24 hours do you get?

This question besides, what are you doing in your health department, to keep yourself healthy, is a question for today?

I think I'm eating good now, can't exercise the way I once did. Do think I'll get out some of the walking tapes I have and get busy again on that. Sleeping longer and somewhat better now, than in the last few years.

What are you doing to make your life healthier? What do you see as an area that you want to improve on, for your health?

Valued Contributor

Re: How much sleep in 24 hours do you get?

I get about 6 hours of sleep per 24 hours in a day.  I'd like to get 8 hours of sleep,

There are lots of healthy habits I wish I had.  I eat a pretty well-balanced diet. 

Respected Contributor

I like to get a solid 8 hours every night.  I'm usually in bed by 9 pm.  Sticking to a strict sleeping routine is key for me. 

I don't eat after dinner, no caffeine past mid-afternoon, daily exercise, and not eating processed foods is just part of my routine. 

Honored Contributor

Not to be snarky but why would any one over the age of 12 go to bed at 9PM, if you sleep 8 hours would you be waking up at 5AM, wow. Not sure I understand.

@Beachy1 wrote:

I like to get a solid 8 hours every night.  I'm usually in bed by 9 pm.  Sticking to a strict sleeping routine is key for me. 

I don't eat after dinner, no caffeine past mid-afternoon, daily exercise, and not eating processed foods is just part of my routine. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

This question besides, what are you doing in your health department, to keep yourself healthy, is a question for today?

I think I'm eating good now, can't exercise the way I once did. Do think I'll get out some of the walking tapes I have and get busy again on that. Sleeping longer and somewhat better now, than in the last few years.

What are you doing to make your life healthier? What do you see as an area that you want to improve on, for your health?

I am a walker, @qualitygal@. I do six days a week at least two miles and on good days I do three. I wouldn't sleep well at all if I were not doing some cardio. I also do Marie Osmond's Body Gym, Upper Body portion, every other day. We lose a lot of muscle mass every decade, and I would like to remain strong all my life. I keep my weight @ 110 @ 5'4" tall b/c I want good blood pressure and good cholesterol. Of course, I eat with health in mind and stay out of the middle aisles at the Supermarket and shop the perimiter. I take Andrew Lessman's supplements & feel healthy all the time.

Periodically I fall off the wagon and do everything that is not good for me. I can do that as long as a couple months, then get back on the bandwagon for the rest of the year. 

I think I'm not your average and have been health conscious all of my life, running, belonging to health clubs, etc. 

If you're not moving and eating well with exercising, you're on the down road. I've been there. 8)

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not to be snarky but why would any one over the age of 12 go to bed at 9PM, if you sleep 8 hours would you be waking up at 5AM, wow. Not sure I understand.

Not to be snarky, but you'd die laughing at my schedule!! I love it.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Beachy1 wrote:

Because I like to go to bed early.  I like to relax in my bedroom, unwind, spend time with my husband.  We have two teenagers and sometimes have hectic schedules.  I look forward to that time...

Respected Contributor

I started walking about 45 minutes most days in January.  I literally have a home gym that I don't use:  treadmill, Urban Rebounder, and Total Gym.  I recently got that Marie Osmond bar and haven't used it.  I want to start using them. 

I've been successful at improving my diet lately.  It isn't easy because I prefer take-out food and lots of bread.  I've cut down on the bread and rarely get take-out.  All the best foods are said to be bad for you.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow - what? Many people are early risers. We get a lot accomplished in the morning. I could never wake up 9am or later.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow - what? Many people are early risers. We get a lot accomplished in the morning. I could never wake up 9am or later.

@Mj12, exactly!