Honored Contributor

Re: How much sleep in 24 hours do you get?

@conlt wrote:

I wear a C-Pap so I know exactly, I average from 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. Last month while traveling, I was stranded in Atlanta without my C-pap hose because it was in my checked baggage. I had to sleep over and it was very noticeable how little sleep I got without using my machine.

I also utilize a CPAP machine due to sleep apnea.  I know what you mean to be stranded without the machine, it goes where I go involving overnight visits.

Trusted Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not to be snarky but why would any one over the age of 12 go to bed at 9PM, if you sleep 8 hours would you be waking up at 5AM, wow. Not sure I understand.

@Beachy1 wrote:

I like to get a solid 8 hours every night.  I'm usually in bed by 9 pm.  Sticking to a strict sleeping routine is key for me. 

I don't eat after dinner, no caffeine past mid-afternoon, daily exercise, and not eating processed foods is just part of my routine. 

Maybe she's a morning person? Maybe her job requires her to be at work early? Maybe she prefers or has to work out early to get it in? Maybe she LIKES going to bed early? You say you weren't trying to be snarky, but it didn't work. You were!!

ITA!

Honored Contributor

4-6 hours. I go to bed sorta late, and wake up early.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not to be snarky but why would any one over the age of 12 go to bed at 9PM, if you sleep 8 hours would you be waking up at 5AM, wow. Not sure I understand.

@Beachy1 wrote:

I like to get a solid 8 hours every night.  I'm usually in bed by 9 pm.  Sticking to a strict sleeping routine is key for me. 

I don't eat after dinner, no caffeine past mid-afternoon, daily exercise, and not eating processed foods is just part of my routine. 

@I am still oxox

A lot of people have trouble staying asleep. They wake up several times a night to use the bathroom and it can take a long time to get back to sleep.

Respected Contributor

usually four hours.   (sigh)

Valued Contributor

@chessylady Do you set your Fitbit on sensitive or normal for sleep setting?  I find I get drastically different values, depending on which setting I use!  So I'm curious 😉

Esteemed Contributor

If I don't get at least 8 hours a night, there is going to be he!! to pay.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I average seven hours a night and once a while on the weekend I get in a nice nap.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have insomnia so I get 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night. (some times less!) I do not fall asleep until morning no matter what time I go to bed! So I get up later than most. Ive tried everything for the insomnia to no avail.

As far as healthy, I think I eat a well balanced diet and I stay away from junk foods. However, I have trouble exercising due to chronic back pain. Every time I try to use my treadmill or do other exercises it knocks out my back. (yes even water exercises). So I could stand to lose some weight and that bothers me. because no matter how healthy I eat I cant lose weight anymore!

And PS my husband goes to bed at 9PM 7 days a week. Some people laugh at that. But he gets up at 4 AM 6 days a week to work, and so he automatically wakes up at 4 on the 7th day also. Id be tired too if I got up at 4. lol. I usually just fall asleep at 4 or 5 AM!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I have the basic fitbit flex so I can't adjust the sleep settings. I am restless and awake a lot most nights. I love it when I get eight hours sleep which happens about once a week.