Super Contributor

Re: How much sleep do you require?

I need 9 hours. Can't always get it but that's the magic number for me. When the chirping birdies wake me up I sometimes have to close the window because I just must go back to sleep or I'll never make it without a nap! I used to feel embarrassed about needing so much sleep. Age has made me more sensible. 😊

Honored Contributor

9+ hours plus a 3 hr power nap every day. 

I can sleep through a nuclear attack.

=======

@Goldengate8361 & @missy1

My SO is like you both.  Amazes me how you all can sleep so little & still able to function.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac I would like to be able to sleep more but it NEVER happens. I generally sleep around 12 midnight to 4 am or about 1-5 am. Even as a kid, I never slept very much. I think it's probably unhealthy, but what are you going to do, right?

Honored Contributor

More than I get.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I sleep very little. I went to bed last night at about 8PM....woke up every hour on the hour   Until 2AM and decided to just get up.  That is pretty much typical for me. A restless interrupted sleep. Started after all the joint replacement surgeries I had over the past three years. Two hips and two knees.

This strongly sounds like you have sleep apnea,and should have a sleep study. Also, you should try to be active throughout the day and stay up until a more reasonable hour like 10PM. I'm a good sleeper but I would not be able to sleep restfully if I went to bed at 8PM.

Respected Contributor

Well, since I've been retired I get 10 to 11 hours of sleep and LOVE it!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

that's exactly my sleep pattern now......having knee replacement in two weeks.....was hoping it would get better!!!  ugh.....

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I sleep very little. I went to bed last night at about 8PM....woke up every hour on the hour   Until 2AM and decided to just get up.  That is pretty much typical for me. A restless interrupted sleep. Started after all the joint replacement surgeries I had over the past three years. Two hips and two knees.

Honored Contributor

More than I'm getting. LOL  Eight would be great and that's how we set our schedule, but we both wake up all night long ... bathroom, hips, neck, coughing,  etc.  So we wake each other up. 

If we try to "add" another hour to get our eight ... it just doesn't work for whatever reason.  We are "programmed" from years of work schedules I imagine. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I'd say 8 for me, he'll take all he can get. Of course when we get up it sounds like that cereal, snap, crackle and pop.  But we're retired, so no rush no alarm.

Esteemed Contributor

I do best with seven or eight. All those years having to get up early and dreading it, now I wake up earlier and lve it! Early morning is a sacred time now.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop