Super Contributor

Re: How much do you pay for a haircut?

To much. , 42$. I try to stretch my trip to salon w root touch up and a supercuts trim. Cut color w tip is 130$ at my salon.  Gets pricey ,

Honored Contributor

$30

Trusted Contributor

Earlier this month, for my nephew's wedding, I went to a stylist that only cuts curly hair.  That cost me $120 + 20% tip.  He also styled my hair for the wedding, $60.

Many years ago, I met a stylist in Bloomingdales; I loved her edgy haircuts.  I followed her to a hair salon in CT (about 45 mins north of me) when she got married, and then started going to her house when she had her child.  She would charge me $25 AND make lunch for me!  I loved her and always got complimented on the haircuts.  Then things started happening and she had to cut back on her availability.

I never found anyone that I liked as much as her.  The last place I went, I paid $55 + 20% tip and the price was going up.  It took her about 20 mins to wash/cut/dry my hair.  I just didn't feel that I was getting a $55+ haircut.

My sister started going to someone near us who charges $14!  She cuts your hair dry, no washing.  Now I go to her about every 12 weeks or so and give her $20.  I'll go back to her and just ask to follow the cut from the salon.  I'll be retiring soon and $120 will be out of my price range.

I used to get my hair colored, but, started coloring my own after I lost my job 14 years ago.  I also lightly highlight it myself.  

50x50_image

Respected Contributor

$37.00 plus tip.  

When I get color, it's $85.00 and if I want highlights, it goes to $145.00.

I'm just thankful that I only need to get color every 3 months.

Respected Contributor

$15.

Esteemed Contributor

$16.95 is my hair cut, and my husbands is the same price. We get our hair cut together by the same girl, because he hates barbers and how barbers cut mens hair too short (and i agree my husband has good curly salt and pepper hair and I like a guy a guy with hair! lol). . PS) I color the grays out of my own hair.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Nothing.  I cut my own.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I pay $125 every four weeks for a cut and color. That includes the tip. I think the haircut portion is $45.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

Nothing, nada, zilch.  My daughter is a fantastic hairdresser!  I try to get one every three weeks as my hair grows so fast.  Love her!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

$55 for a wash, cut, and style (for short hair, which I have)...plus a $10 tip. 

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli