Respected Contributor

Re: How much do you pay for a haircut?

I live in a small town.   $14.00 for a haircut.  To have my roots done it is $40.00.

I will say that my dear friend that owns the beauty shop, gives the best color and haircut I have ever had in my life.

Respected Contributor

I don't live in NYC but my hairdresser is there.......a haircut is $225 plus tip and when I have an appointment with the colorist I have to have an armed guard accompany me to the salon !

Honored Contributor

I pay about $20 for just a cut. I go with freshly washed hair, because, I just feel that it is a courtesy to the  stylist. The thought of unwashed hair makes me queasy. She cuts my hair and I let it air dry. I tip her more than 20% ,because she is a dear person, and  I know, I could never get a better cut ,anywhere else

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have short wavy hair - and finding a good hair dresser is not always easy. I go to SuperCuts, 5 min. from my house. This female cut my hair twice - and she's excellent. I pay $19 - senior price. No shampoo or blow-dry. I tip $10. I live in southern Calif. I'm calling her tomorrow - my hair needs a cut. When I get home, I color it light blonde. The salons charge a lot more. 

Respected Contributor

My hair was long to bra strap but I just got 2" cut. I go to one stylist at Great Clips and she was out that day so got a different stylist who cut my hair dry and it looks amazing. I showed her a pic on my phone and she did a beautiful cut.  $14 and I always round up to $20.00.    I color my hair at home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

$25  or less, including tip (no hair dryer, or styling)

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I pay $16 plus tip at Supercuts to snip maybe an inch or so off my ends. 

The guy who owns the Supercuts franchise went to high school with me.  He was originally a barber, nowadays he is a businessman.  He was one smart cookie.

Shampoo, cut and style is around $30 to $40 average around here in a nice salon.

Super Contributor

I have long hair and get it trimmed every three months and hair colored every 6 weeks. I pay $40 for trim and color. I bring my own color to my hairdressr.

Respected Contributor

Here in CT, the average haircut in a salon is about $50, except we do have Supercuts that is $20, but low end.  

I never get a cut I like, so I’ve beem cutting it myself for about 2 yrs. I’ve never disappointed myself! 🤓

Respected Contributor

$65 plus $20 tip for cut, color and styling.

I've been going to the same guy for about 20 years. He's only raised my price once or twice. 

I'm about to lose him though. He's retiring in July.  I'm sure I'm going to have to pay more when I find someone else.