Frequent Contributor

Re: How much do you need to retire?

On 1/13/2014 Lynneuk said:
On 1/13/2014 DoubleDown said:
On 1/13/2014 cater said:

Can some one please point out to me were Happy Housewife ever said she envied anyone on here that had more money or possessions then she has. I don't find her to have a miserable out look on life, she seems to be content with what she has and what she does in her daily life. I have never read any one of her posts that she wished she had anything that anyone on here has. I guess I will stay with her on her out look towards certain topics. All of the bashing on her about every thing she posts is uncalled for even today the ones who can't stand her and have been on here daily nit picking at her since this thread started are still on here today throwing rocks at her. Wonder how you would feel if every time you started a topic the same ones came throwing rocks at you . If she causes you so much stress you know what her nic is just ignore her. Me I will read what she has to say and will not bash her I for one appreciate some of the things she posts. If you read HH just keep posting some of us out here think you are being treated very rude.

She implies it constantly. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

And how do you know this, having only been here for two weeks? You need to brush up on your manners.

It's called reading her posts - not too hard to figure out, but obviously you don't. You need to g l. Read post #257.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/13/2014 Lynneuk said:
On 1/13/2014 cater said:

Can some one please point out to me were Happy Housewife ever said she envied anyone on here that had more money or possessions then she has. I don't find her to have a miserable out look on life, she seems to be content with what she has and what she does in her daily life. I have never read any one of her posts that she wished she had anything that anyone on here has. I guess I will stay with her on her out look towards certain topics. All of the bashing on her about every thing she posts is uncalled for even today the ones who can't stand her and have been on here daily nit picking at her since this thread started are still on here today throwing rocks at her. Wonder how you would feel if every time you started a topic the same ones came throwing rocks at you . If she causes you so much stress you know what her nic is just ignore her. Me I will read what she has to say and will not bash her I for one appreciate some of the things she posts. If you read HH just keep posting some of us out here think you are being treated very rude.

She implies it constantly. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

And how do you know this, having only been here for two weeks? You need to brush up on your manners.

It's called reading her posts - not too hard to figure out, but obviously you don't. You need to g l. Read post #257.

So you've spent the last two weeks reading all the posts that HH has written for the past several years? Wow.

Respected Contributor

Double Down in all respect I think you are here to cause a problem. Lynnuek, thank you for your efforts but DoubleDown is just going to take a turn at what people on here call pot stirring at least that's what I am seeing.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 cater said:

DoubleOven, in all respect I think you are here to cause a problem. Lynnuek, thank you for your efforts but DoubleOven is just going to take a turn at what people on here call pot stirring at least that's what I am seeing.

I think you mean DoubleDown?

I've always wanted a double oven {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/13/2014 cater said:

DoubleOven, in all respect I think you are here to cause a problem. Lynnuek, thank you for your efforts but DoubleOven is just going to take a turn at what people on here call pot stirring at least that's what I am seeing.

cater: Thank you for your sweet post earlier. I just read it. You are a nice person. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

On 1/13/2014 cater said:

cater, she's always here to cause problems and gets banned for her efforts over and over. I still think of her as 8ball, one of her nics way back that she had for a quite a while compared to her last twenty or so (?) that have lasted just a few days each or maybe a couple of weeks. The people who monitor this forum are onto her but apparently can't keep her from coming back. She's vicious, even to some who have tried being nice to her.

Respected Contributor

Well I guess I will hear from her quickly I read her nic and typed it out wrong . Guess I can't talk on the phone and hit letters at the same time. Thanks for all your responses .Laurie Jill thanks for pointing that out to me. I do recall one night people were on here guessing all the nics she has been on here with.------ I always wanted a double oven in my kitchen in fact over Christmas I told my family I am ready to take out a cabinet and put the double oven there. There were not impressed with my idea.

Honored Contributor

When I decided to retire, I just did it. My husband and I have never consulted with a financial planner, and didn't consult with one then, just because of that decision. I understand what they do, but "They" don't have any idea about us personally, and how we choose to live. There have been many things that happened in our married life that we "heard" what someone said we should do, but whether we "listened" or not was something entirely different. We have spent our entire lives making our own way, by our choices. "They" said we'd never make it as a couple, we're too different; we've been married 40 years. "They" said we were crazy to go for a balloon mortgage with an interest rate of 17%; we paid our home off in 10 years, and have been mortgage free for 20 years. Our normal monthly living expenses are less than $800; we live very well, but frugally.

We've always done well on our own, so I really don't care what "They" might have to say about our financial situation.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 cater said:

The way people here twist around what is said I can only think they have twisted minds in general. I am a happy person who is very content in my life. I am so sorry that others who are not happy are so jealous of those who are happy that they have to act this way . IMO - there are some people here who should be seeking psyciatric help for their unhappiness. Also - when i said Go to hades to someone yesterday - it was someone who constantly stalks me and harrasses me and IMO - deserves that and a lot more. I take a lot of krap here - occasionally i get mad and give some of it back. My Mom taught us - if you can't take it , then don't hand it out. She handed it out but when she got it right back she got all upset.
Super Contributor

On 1/14/2014 happy housewife said:
On 1/13/2014 cater said:

The way people here twist around what is said I can only think they have twisted minds in general. I am a happy person who is very content in my life. I am so sorry that others who are not happy are so jealous of those who are happy that they have to act this way . IMO - there are some people here who should be seeking psyciatric help for their unhappiness. Also - when i said Go to hades to someone yesterday - it was someone who constantly stalks me and harrasses me and IMO - deserves that and a lot more. I take a lot of krap here - occasionally i get mad and give some of it back. My Mom taught us - if you can't take it , then don't hand it out. She handed it out but when she got it right back she got all upset.

Once again, you are only showing who it is you really are as a human being. Only have pity for you.