Super Contributor

Re: How many times have you fallen in the bathroom?

@catter70 wrote:

I've never fallen yet. Was hoping to replace tub/shower with a walk  in shower but recently had to buy a car and have expensive dental work to pay for, so I guess that will have to wait.

This is so weird.  I read your post and thought we must be living parallel lives!  I've never fallen yet either, but I was also considering putting in a walk in shower to replace a tub.  I also just had to buy a new car and I'm also paying off a loan for the next four year for very expensive dental work.  So yes, a walk in shower is put on the back burner for now.

I wonder what else might be happening in our lives that's the same!  

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

Not until I read this subject line yesterda, then yes shortly after reading it.  First time ever, hopefully last time.

Now, if someone could kindly post, "Have you ever one a million dollars?" I'd be much obliged.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I wanted to answer but decided I'd jinx myself so I won't!!!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut, I just googled "is falling in the bathroom common," and apparently it is not just common; it is one of the top accidents in the home.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I was 52 when I fell out of the shower and barely kept from banging my head on the side of the toilet bowl.  Scared me really bad since I live alone.  I told people at my office to come look for me if I do not show up one day.  That was one of the most helpless times I ever felt after that fall.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@hckynut, I just googled "is falling in the bathroom common," and apparently it is not just common; it is one of the top accidents in the home.

@suzyQ3 

Wow! Now that I think about it, since there is water/soap/tiles in many, it makes sense more would fall in the bathroom.  

I am just one that runs into things with my head/face and feet. A KLUTZ!

Thanks for the info.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I googled that, too, and that's what prompted me to start a thread about it especially after my friend fell in her bathroom.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not in the bathroom but the other day I went to get on my exercise bike and for some reason I missed the pedal and fell in my side bike and all.  It's an old bike!  I wear a hair piece and it flew off my head, boy  I was sore the next day.  Good thing I have carpeting in my gameroom😄😄

Jessa
Respected Contributor

Never.  I did faint once about 3 years ago when walking in to the bathroom.  I landed in the tub, hit my head hard but bounced right up.  I had a full check up afterward including a brain scan and everything was fine.   The only after effect may be my loss of taste and now everything smells pretty much the same.   I've talked to every doctor, PA, dentist, allergist, ophthalmologist etc I've seen since then. No one has an answer.  Oh well.  It could have been worse.

Super Contributor

I almost crashed into the glass shower door while wearing high wedge shoes. I didn't notice the wet floor. I am not as sure-footed anymore.