Respected Contributor

Re: How many things do you have on subscription on Amazon?

At any time I have between 5- 8 items on subscription.  Some items I get monthly and others I alternate between every two months to every five months.  Some of my items are just not available at my local stores and others I use so frequently that it is just convenient to have them always on stock in my cabinet.   

I've never run into any issues with them making mistakes and sending me products that I didn't request.    I also belong to Grove Collaborative and you do have to stay on top of them and monitor each shipment.   If you don't carefully view your orders each month you will be shipped products that you have purchased before.   I think once my free shipping status ends this year I will discontinued my membership with them.

Trusted Contributor

Happy to say I don't have any Amazon subscriptions.  Won't pay for Prime either.

I find Amazon itself to be very overwhelming and not the great deal its made out to be.  I can search around and find the same items elsewhere to order and pick up locally if need be.  

I know its just me but if I want to look up an item I only want to find that item once in the list I don't want to see the 50 Amazon dealers I can purchase that one item from.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I'd rather support local businesses. You remember those? The ones Amazon is driving out of business?

Spoken like a "city girl" that has easy access to everything.

Unfortunately, I have the choice of Walmart, Dollar General, Big Lots or a 70+ mile one way drive over mountains.  Not fun in the winter.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I sent my daughter and husband a snow blower for Christmas. She wanted a corded one because they are quiet and don't use gas. They live in Connecticut. I looked at Home Depot and realized the shipping was over $75.00. The sales guy in HD said quietly, look on Amazon. I never thought of that!

I found the snow blower and they had it in two days. Didn't cost me shipping and she didn't have to go to the store and haul it home.

I purchase items from Amazon monthly. We are also gardeners and I buy many gardening items including potting soil, bought a wheel barrow, a large picnic table with benches, my orchid bark and other orchid supplies. I find better prices though Amazon on our gardening needs.

I love ordering heavy items delivered to my door. Saves so much work hauling that stuff home.

No subscriptions, I order personal stuff monthly or when I run low.

Super Contributor

I tried a few subscriptions, until I read the fine print, which says 

that you are charged the “current price” at time of shipment, not the original price you paid.

Prior to knowing this, I had found a fantastic deal on Puritans Pride “SUPER-SNOOZE” tablets...100count/$2.92. I purchased about 4-5 bottles, 

and placed an auto ship order.

I actually didn’t know AT THE TIME, that $3 was such a great deal. I assumed it was a normal PP price.

When I went back and looked at the page a few days later, the price had doubled to it’s *real* price. I was sorry I hadn’t ordered more bottles!

I check this product’s price every week or so, so if it ever drops I can scoop up a dozen or so! lol

To sum up..I cancelled the auto ship since the price fluctuates often.

Valued Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

156  items       Smiley Happy

Smiley Surprised Can I give you my list too? Smiley LOL

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@songbird , do you subscribe to the book service?  I am thinking about it and would love to get some feedback.  LM

Honored Contributor

none Smiley Happy  i dont order from there alot but just once in a while

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

none

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Nothing.

I only shop Amazon once or twice a year. 

I have this image of opening my wallet on my salary and handing it over to Bezos himself as he cashes in billions in stock holdings.

@Snowpuppy 
you are sooooooo wrong...........lol  Amazon prices are sooooo very much cheaper than anywhere else .I can't believe how much cheaper everything I buy from Amazon is. 
I <3 Amazon!