Honored Contributor

Re: How many t.v.'s do you have?

There's two of us, we have three tv's.  One each in the living room, family room, bedroom.  And we have our tablets, laptops, phones.  A tv.....is always available.  But, we really doing watch much tv.  Not nearly as much as most people we know.  Hubby is a social media and news guy and I'm a voracious reader.  

Honored Contributor

Two TVs -- one in LR and one in MBR.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

4 to 5 people......9 televisions and they are all connected to cable boxes, although 3 of those boxes are the small ones that are 2.95 i think. we do pay a small fortune for cable because we have the movie packages and the sports packages. we also have two netflix subscriptions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One tv. Three people

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

3 tvs, 2 hooked up to dish.

Honored Contributor

Master bedroom - purchased when I had my knee replacements because I would spend hours lying in bed with ice on my knee.

living room - most used

kitchen - to watch the news during breakfast & dinner and in case dinner falls during a sports event.

DH's den - in case we don't want to watch the same show.

guest/sewing room - I love to watch sewing shows on PBS while I am sewing.

So 5 TVs for 2 people. Oh well. Some of them have been around quite a while and we don't pay for cable TV  here so there is no expense involved. If you add the 2 at camp we have a total of 7.

Respected Contributor

1 tv that is not a flat screen that lasted for so many years!

I could have bought a new one if I wanted but this tv was still good and I didn't want to get rid of it.

Now it is being put out to pasture and I feel like I need to have a goodbye ceremony for it for all of its long years of service.

Yay! I  will be joining the modern world with a flat screen!Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

...I set the timer on the one in my bedroom for 30 minutes, it puts me to sleep faster than any drug.

@MaggieMack

Especially if it's set to QVC LOL!

Two adults, one TV.  Before I met/married Handsome, I didn't own a TV for about 10-12 years.  The one and only time I wished I had one was on 9-11.  For the most part and for me, television broadcasting is a cesspool.  I can totally live without one thankyouverymuch.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I am outnumbered by my TVs (office, living room, bedroom) and gave a 4th one to my daughter. I find this thread interesting because so many of the answers show that when we have a chance to make a count of our things, we are surprised by how much we really have and by what we choose to count. My jewelry pieces and shoes far outnumber my electronic devices and I enjoy them all! I am very blessed to be outnumbered by my children and grands. 

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan

I was late to the flat TV revolution myself, lol.  My community e-cycles every May so I put my tube TV on the side and e-cycled it.  It was a heavy sony that left some bruises on me but I wanted it to 'live on' in some way through recycling.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise