Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many of you have a cleaning lady and how often does she come?

spud - that is great! Good price too!!

Esteemed Contributor

I,m 78 and I am at the house 24/7' I am also the Gardner. I stopped being the car washer and hire out for that. I,m retired and it is good exercise for me to do my own work as long as I can. I have a small house, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, two baths. On the yard a little each day. Low upkeep. I will hire out when I can no longer do it. My 88 year old friend and her husband still clean their own pool and do all the work around the house and farm. I guess we are from a different era, because her granddaughter has a Gardner and so does my daughter. Neither work outside the home. I did the same work on the weekends when I worked 40 hours a week. My kids had some of the chores then, they were teens. They said I taught them responsibility. Have lived in same house 38 years. Oh, just did all the Windows inside and out this week. Some of my younger friends hire out, but then sit there and watch TV all day.

The going rate around here is about 15-25 an hour I,m told.

Valued Contributor

On 5/16/2014 gloriajean said:

Jannabelle - thanks!! Where was it? on third page?

You're welcome! I think it was on second page.
Super Contributor

I have a cleaning service every other week, and at my request, it's the same two people. I have a 2-story 3 bedroom house with a big living space downstairs, laundry room, and a large, extra room (it used to be a 2-car garage). These people do a fantastic job and I think they charge $250 a month. They're worth every cent.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/16/2014 qvcaddition said:

I,m 78 and I am at the house 24/7' I am also the Gardner. I stopped being the car washer and hire out for that. I,m retired and it is good exercise for me to do my own work as long as I can. I have a small house, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, two baths. On the yard a little each day. Low upkeep. I will hire out when I can no longer do it. My 88 year old friend and her husband still clean their own pool and do all the work around the house and farm. I guess we are from a different era, because her granddaughter has a Gardner and so does my daughter. Neither work outside the home. I did the same work on the weekends when I worked 40 hours a week. My kids had some of the chores then, they were teens. They said I taught them responsibility. Have lived in same house 38 years. Oh, just did all the Windows inside and out this week. Some of my younger friends hire out, but then sit there and watch TV all day.

The going rate around here is about 15-25 an hour I,m told.

My 91 year old sister, also does all her own cleaning etc. in her house plus yard work. She is amazing! But no one gave her a certificate for three hours of professional work for her birthday like I got.