Honored Contributor

Re: How many of you have a cleaning lady and how often does she come?

On 5/13/2014 Cakers1 said:

Gloria: I don't have a cleaning lady but just make sure any company you choose has bonded employees.

Also make sure the rates are the same for basic cleaning; some will do a "deep" cleaning every so many weeks and that rate can be higher for that day.

Fortunately the company I have is bonded and insured. That is very important.

They have a schedule that they keep on their clients. One time they do a more thorough cleaning, and the next time they do a little less. But, they always do a pretty darn good job. My rate with them never changes.

Respected Contributor

I had a cleaning service for a while...but got fed up with coming home to broken items around my home and their complete and utter disregard for my request to only use my cleaning products and cleaning items....I was appalled and disgusted by the dirty moldy blackened toilet brush they left inside my shower one day and we cancelled our service after that.....it still sickens me to think of how many homes that was used in and on what?....were they cleaning my shower with that dirty toilet brush?????

Never again!!!....I'd rather clean it myself than trust that someone else will clean it to meet my expectations.

Super Contributor

I have a cleaning lady, but she's not very reliable. She only appears when the mood hits her, and then she takes her own sweet time getting a job done, or she flits from job to job, not completely finishing what she started on any of them. If something better to do comes up, which happens a lot, she takes off and leaves the mess behind. Of course, her pay is not that good, so I guess you get what you "pay" for. In emergencies, she comes through, but then she is worn out for the 12 hours of work done all in one shift, but the results usually pass muster. You want to guess who she is?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all your responses! By the time I had my post done and posted after ShowMe's, there were many more there! Like I said, I'm not going thru a company, but through a client of my daughter's, (massage therapist) who is honest, well respected and reasonable, my daughter loves her work and wants her for me, so gave me a Gift Certificate for 3 hours work to start with. So once a month would work afterwards? Some of you have every other week, that would be expensive for me. We'll see, I can keep the house clean in between, just not the hard stuff.

Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 straykatz said:

I had a cleaning service for a while...but got fed up with coming home to broken items around my home and their complete and utter disregard for my request to only use my cleaning products and cleaning items....I was appalled and disgusted by the dirty moldy blackened toilet brush they left inside my shower one day and we cancelled our service after that.....it still sickens me to think of how many homes that was used in and on what?....were they cleaning my shower with that dirty toilet brush?????

Never again!!!....I'd rather clean it myself than trust that someone else will clean it to meet my expectations.

The company I use always comes in with fresh/clean cleaning cloths. I am always here when they come, and am here the whole time they are here.

Super Contributor

Not sure what the going rate is - but my girl and her assistant stay 3 hours and it's $120. I've had them for 10 years. I used to have them every week, but it's very stressful for my elderly dog to have them in the house, so this year I've cut it back to once every couple of months (which she wasn't happy about). I got them through my grandmother, who also uses them.

PS - My cleaning girls always use supplies that I provide. I would never want other peoples cleaning stuff used in my house.

Honored Contributor

Gloria, good luck and enjoy.......what a nice gift from your DD. Your DD has a good deal going for her.....LOL

I don't know why I didn't get the help sooner. Nothing is like when I did it myself, but good help is hard to find today. I am thankful I was able to get the reasonable price I got.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/13/2014 RainCityGirl said:

I have a cleaning lady, but she's not very reliable. She only appears when the mood hits her, and then she takes her own sweet time getting a job done, or she flits from job to job, not completely finishing what she started on any of them. If something better to do comes up, which happens a lot, she takes off and leaves the mess behind. Of course, her pay is not that good, so I guess you get what you "pay" for. In emergencies, she comes through, but then she is worn out for the 12 hours of work done all in one shift, but the results usually pass muster. You want to guess who she is?

This sounds just like the one I have, LOL. She definitely is not very good but her pay doesn't take a dent out of my purse either. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I will let you know how she works out! Thanks!!

Regular Contributor

A lady I used to work with recommended a friend of her daughter who cleans for her. This woman is a SAHM, active in her child's school and Girl Scouts. She comes when I need help, is very reasonable, does a great job.