Esteemed Contributor

How many of you are waiting for the.......

Spring FORWARD?  I am.  I'm so pleased that daylight is beginning to last a little longer.

Next week starts daylight savings time, I am so very happy (but will be complaining about the heat) in no time!  LOL.

Do you guys like Fall Back, Spring Forward?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: How many of you are waiting for the.......

[ Edited ]

Our state stays on standard time year-round so we don't have the initial shock of springing forward & falling back.  I don't know why the whole county doesn't just stay on standard time.  What I like about it is the gradual change throughout the year.  Days are still shorter in the winter and longer in the summer, but it's gradual so we acclimate easier.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

my favorite season is Spring - wating for new life from the planted bulbs 

buds on trees and longer daylight

Esteemed Contributor

I like the fall back. When I worked this spring ahead messed me up so bad. I honestly wish they would just pick a time and stick to it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Our state stays on standard time year-round so we don't have the initial shock of springing forward & falling back.  I don't know why the whole county doesn't just stay on standard time.  What I like about it is the gradual change throughout the year.  Days are still shorter isn't he winter and longer in the summer, but it's gradual so we acclimate better.

@SurferWifeI know there are a few states that remain the same all year long and don't bother.  I don't think it's necessary anymore.  I must admit that I absolutely love it not getting dark where I live before 5:00p.m. though....Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will admit, I'm not much of a summer time person.  I can't stand the heat and humidity.  I do look forward to Fall Back time of the year. 

Having said that, I am looking forward to Spring Forward this year in particular!.  With the extra snowy winter we've had coupled with the pandemic, I want some nice weather.  I hope we do have a pleasant spring because it seems past years, we go right from a cool, wet spring directly into heat and humidity.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

We don't spring forward in Arizona. The last thing we need is another hour of sunlight.

Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I will admit, I'm not much of a summer time person.  I can't stand the heat and humidity.  I do look forward to Fall Back time of the year. 

Having said that, I am looking forward to Spring Forward this year in particular!.  With the extra snowy winter we've had coupled with the pandemic, I want to some nice weather.  I hope we do have a pleasant spring because it seems past years, we go right from a cool, wet spring directly into heat and humidity.  

@ciao_bellait's that "balance" I want.  I don't like extremes either.  Too hot and I'm cranky, too cold and I'm cranky.  No pleasing me when it comes to weather.

I love Spring.  But Spring always feels like Fall and then heads right into Summer.  I hardly ever know we've had it.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

my favorite season is Spring - wating for new life from the planted bulbs 

buds on trees and longer daylight

Until last week all my bulbs were completely covered in inches of snow. Then last week the snow melted on the flower bed. I don't get it. The daffodils were completely covered in snow but yet the leaves grew about 2" underneath the snow. How did they know the snow would eventually melt and they will bloom right on schedule.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We don't spring forward in Arizona. The last thing we need is another hour of sunlight.

LOL, I know that's right @Meowingkitty   Woman HappyWoman LOL