Honored Contributor

Re: How many items a week do you iron?

I actually like to iron, but most of my everyday clothing does not need ironed.  About 95% of my wardrobe is 100% cotton.

I wash everything in cold water, then place in the dryer to warm it up.  It takes maybe three minutes.  Then I remove and hang to dry.  When the clothing is warm, I smooth out the wrinkles. It drys wrinkle free.

None of my clothing gets dried in the dryer.

I iron pillow cases and the top edge of sheets, table cloths, and maybe some clothing that is special, but other than that, I don't iron much anymore.

I figured out how to get my clothes not to wrinkle in the first place.  I do not and will not wear wrinkled items.  It looks so sloppy.

Honored Contributor

Never iron anymore  unless I have pants or a Top that requires ironing to freshen  it up from being in the closet too long....or after washing. But maybe only once a year now, now that I am retired.

When  I was working, I would touch up garments almost daily so I looked nice at work....

Nothing worse than someone who is a wrinkled mess ....and/or .....has food stains on their top😳👎

I call them a SLOB. But only in my head!😄

Valued Contributor

I've tried other options such as steamers and small ironing boards but they just don't seem to work well for me. I had a real steamer but didn't use it because of the hassle of getting it ready. My iron has an option to steam clothes while on the hanger and I have used that but for things that are very wrinkled it's the big ironing board every time. I also tend to save up my ironing so that I've doing numerous pieces at once. It's nver worth it to me drag out the ironing board for one thing. 

Honored Contributor

Zero

Honored Contributor

none

Honored Contributor

Every day!....did not today because I have been in the yard all day, and I don't iron work in the yard clothes, but tomorrow, I will iron.

Honored Contributor

I iron everything I'm going to wear the next day on the night before. If it's a jeans day I even iron those, I have a thing about wrinkled clothes.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I iron most everything I wear, except for my Liquid Knit items. I’d say anywhere from 5 - 10 items a week. I do it all at once, on Saturdays when I’m doing housework & laundry. I’ve always been an ironer & enjoy it. I like the look of ironed clothes.

I agree, ironed clothes make you look neat and put together. Not all items can come out of the dryer wrinkle free. Luckily, i have a built in ironing board, folds down from the wall. I think older houses had them back then when everyone would iron everything. 

In a previous house, I had a built-in ironing board!   It was convenient.   

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the responses...so many made me laugh!  What I learned...most of you do less ironing than me.

at the moment, I have two clean tops hanging in my laundry room that look a bit wrinkled.  It just doesn’t seem worth it to get out the “equipment”.  I’ll wait until I have at least three items. 😜

Respected Contributor

I couldn't tell you the last time I pulled out my iron, but I do steam every day.  Anything that's not going to get good enough by steaming (husband's dress shirts primarily) goes to the cleaners.  At one time I had this crazy idea of saving money and doing his shirts myself...that lasted one week.  No one ever gave me ironing lessons!