Honored Contributor

Re: How many items a week do you iron?

I don't own an iron or ironing board so the answer for me is zero.

When we moved 14 years ago, I gave our iron (which I never used) to Goodwill and never got another one.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

The summer might find me ironing a few times, but really hardly ever anymore. Occasionally I will iron new curtains I'm hanging. Even with them, if I can get away with not-I will-Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking ----- Zero!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I dont iron at all  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Iron?

Respected Contributor

I wonder if it's my dryer.  I iron pretty much everything, including T-shirts.  They come out a wadded-up ball.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I ironed an item on Saturday....first ironing in 15-18 months.  I generally buy things I don't have to iron.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I iron 3 people's clothes every day.  What's that--42 items a week.  It's just part of my morning routine.  I will only use a Rowenta iron and I keep one in storage all the time.  When I open that one, I order another one.  I once had the iron go out when I was getting ready for work and did not have a backup.  Never again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t even own an iron and I couldn’t tell you where my steamer is. Basically when I buy clothes if in doubt I will wad up a section of it in the store and if it wrinkles that item stays in the store. I used to iron when I first got married 42 years ago when I thought that is what a young wife was supposed to do. Then one day in the laundromat this older gentleman taught me that ironing was unnecessary and how to fold clothes and I never did it again. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely iron. I have two tops from Soft Surroundings that have to be ironed but I don’t wear them that often.

When I was in college in the Stone Age, the girls in the dorm ironed their boyfriends shirts! They wore collared shorts to class. I think that’s where I got my aversion to ironing!