Honored Contributor

Re: How many here shared a room or even a bed

My entire childhood I shared a bedroom with my twin sister, when we were under four we shared a bed then we had bunk beds throughout our childhood. But when we became teenagers we separated them and moved into the attic where we had separate sides but no door.

My oldest and younger sisters are ten years apart and they shared a bed until my oldest sister was married at the age of 18, then the youngest had her bedroom to herself. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

No, but I really wished for that! My brother and sister were 9 and 10 yrs older than I was. When they were younger, they shared a room but by the time I came along we had moved into a different house and we each had our own bedroom. My sister would let me sleep with her though sometimes. My mom said when I was a baby she would come to get me in the morning and find my sister in my crib.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I shared a room with my mom and brother.It was a small room so my mom used a twin bed and my brother and I slept in bunk beds.We had no room for the ladder.I climbed the dresser to get up to my bed.My mom always warned me to stay away from boys so I wouldn't get pregnant.Sleeping in the same room as my brother scared me to death.I solved that by always waiting to see where he was in bed when he fell asleep. Made sure I slept at the opposite end of my bed with a blanket over my face to keep out the boy germs...LOLFinally got my own room at 13.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I might win the prize...for a while when we were all young, I shared a small bedroom with 3 sisters!  My youngest sister slept in the closet (her choice).  Another sister had her own (even smaller) room. One bathroom...until my Dad had had enough and built one in the basement.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

my older sister and I had our own rooms, but she was always scared and slept with me...I miss her

Honored Contributor

My sister and I shared a full size bed until she was 18 and went to college.

It wasn't until I was in my 40s that she clued me in as to why we had to share a bed.  It was so that my grandparents could sleep in the bed when they visited every weekend.

My uncle took my brother's room and we slept on the sofa in the den.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Only child here also.    Had my own bed & bedroom for as long as I can remember.  Full size.   We lived in a house in town that had originally been a 1-family home, but converted to 2 family, we converted it back to 1 family so I had my own bathroom too.

Before you think we were priviledged, we lived downtown, instead of the suburbs.   We could have never afforded a nice suburban home in the 1960s

Trusted Contributor

Yes I shared a full sized bed with my sister until she went off to school. We had one bathroom for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I shared a bedroom with bunk beds, with my 21mth younger brother until I was 10.  Parents raised the roof and built two more bedrooms and another bathroom.  My parents owned that home from 1938 to 2002 (originally $8000 dollars and last time I checked $550,000).

Honored Contributor

My sister and I always shared a room, but had separate beds.  She's 16 months younger.