Respected Contributor

Re: How many have changed out their wedding set for a new one?

On 10/21/2014 shorelady said:

I wear my gold wedding band everyday. I cherish it because it was the ring DH put on my finger the day we married 43 years ago. On our tenth anniversary, he snuck out my engagement ring and had interlocking diamond bands made to surround it. It was beautiful, and I wear it when going out.

He wore his wedding band everyday since it was the one I slipped on his finger until the funeral director slipped it off his finger four months ago and gave it to me at my request. I will continue to wear mine and when my time comes, my daughter will have it slipped off my finger. She will then either pass them on to her children or have something made from them.

I will always cherish him and the rings that remind me of what we shared and the vows we made.

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so very sorry for your loss.

It is so evident from your posts the deep love you had for one another.

Honored Contributor

I wear my gold wedding band everyday. I cherish it because it was the ring DH put on my finger the day we married 43 years ago. On our tenth anniversary, he snuck out my engagement ring and had interlocking diamond bands made to surround it. It was beautiful, and I wear it when going out.

He wore his wedding band everyday since it was the one I slipped on his finger until the funeral director slipped it off his finger four months ago and gave it to me at my request. I will continue to wear mine and when my time comes, my daughter will have it slipped off my finger. She will then either pass them on to her children or have something made from them.

I will always cherish him and the rings that remind me of what we shared and the vows we made.

(((((Shorelady)))))

Super Contributor

Yes, I got a new wedding ring when we were married for 45 years. My husband bought me a beautiful wide gold band with a 1 1/2 karat diamond. We've been married for 51 years now.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful, shorelady.

Super Contributor

I don't wear rings so it would be a waste of money. If I did wear rings, I doubt it would be something we could or would ever spend money on. I wouldn't want fake diamonds.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn my original wedding rings for more than 30 years, because they have worn too thin. I have no interest in repairing them, or buying another ring I won't wear. After mashing my ring finger years ago, a ring does not feel comfortable on my finger, and I prefer not to wear one.
Trusted Contributor

I have 4 wedding bands! all different designs ofcourse. it's my hubby. when he decides he wants a new design, we have a new one made. now, I don't even wear any of them because we got wedding band design tattoos, and again, it was his idea and his design Smiley Happy