Honored Contributor

Re: How many grade school teachers can you remember by name?

[ Edited ]

I think I could name all of them.

I remember every teacher's name, from homeroom to specific subjects, kindergarten through 8th grade! I have a few of them as Facebook friends. (I'm 47 btw.)

Respected Contributor

I would have thought I could name them all, but only got 4 out of the 6 from K-5.    We changed classes in 6, 7, 8, but I only remember 3 of the different subject teachers' names plus the homeroom teachers.

Honored Contributor

I had a male teacher I had a crush on. LOL A Home Ec teacher I despised old B couldn't stand that woman. Couple more from grade school .

High school maybe just one or 2.

Respected Contributor

I can remember them all, too, myself.  However, being an elementary teacher now, I have seen children uprooted so much in a given school year. One year, I had a child come to my class in the spring.  I was his/her third teacher in that year, alone.  God bless these children and grant them stability to make those connections with their teachers the way many of us did!Smiley Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Super Contributor

I can remember all my home room teachers- then it gets dicey.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey minkbunny

How are you doing?

I remember many of my teachers -  grammer school, high school and college. Grad  school - not so much.

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Hey minkbunny

How are you doing?

I remember many of my teachers -  grammer school, high school and college. Grad  school - not so much.

Doing great, hopi.  Hope the same for you and yours. Heart

Thank you, and everybody, for the replies.   I can picture several teachers but cannot remember their names.  There was one elderly teacher, first grade, that lived over the pharmacy in town.  She would invite all of the students and their parents to stop by and visit her and many did.  Her apartment was just like one would expect it to be, teakettle on the stove, velvet furniture, lace drapes, crocheted tablecloth and doilies.  She always smelled like lavendar and was so sweet to everybody.  Like a dear, dear grandma.

Honored Contributor

One, my favorite, my 6th grade teacher.  He was so kind and understood how extremely shy I was.  I felt really ill during class and he called my Mom (who didn't drive) and offered to take me home at lunch time.   He was the only teacher that I went back to see after I left Elementary School and went on to Jr. High and High School.  He passed away far too early in life, I remember seeing his name in the Obits and was very, very sad.  He was a great teacher......  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I remember them all attended catholic school wth all nuns and they weren't all nice that was in the days of getting hit with the ruler, or in 4th grade she had a razor strap.  Interesting how nothing was said and it wasn't treated as child abuse.   By the eight grade all hitting was banished.  

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost