Honored Contributor

Re: How many grade school teachers can you remember by name?

I can remember four teachers (2 men, 2 women) in my first six years.  I can also remember all of my high school teachers.

Maybe I'll dream about the names of the other two tonight.  Smiley LOL  I just can't recall them at the moment. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I remember all of them.....grammar school through high school. Teachers make a great impact on children......a noble profession.Heart

Respected Contributor

None

Esteemed Contributor

I remember every single one of my teachers from kindergarten through grade 8 and I can still see them in my mind. High School is not quite as clear since I went to a school of almost 3,000 and had many teachers for many subjects throughout the semesters I was there. There are three that stand out in my mind more than others though because they are responsible for my becoming an English teacher. One of them taught me to never lower my standards; another showed me that humor is important in every subject; the third one introduced me to the beauty of the written word and llfe philosophy that is reflected in pieces of literature.. What was the most special about all three is they were the toughest teachers in the school and when you got an A in their classes, you knew you had really earned something.