Honored Contributor

How many gifts in a year do you think you buy and give?

Been reading a lot of posts this a.m. and a number of them are about gifts. This question popped up to me, and I know we (as a shrinking family) don't have many to buy for any more. Soon there will be graduations, weddings, etc.

So my question is, how many gifts in say, this year, will you have/be buying to give?

Respected Contributor

Re: How many gifts in a year do you think you buy and give?

Very, very few. Probably less than 5. My circle of friends and family aren't gifters. If there's something we need or want, we get it ourselves. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

My friends and I have agreed to get together for a nice lunch or dinner for our birthdays and get together at Christmas and share a nice lunch or dinner - no more birthday gifts for each other, just have a nice day together or go to like an herb farm together.  One friend insists on buying me gifts for Christmas, so we exchange gifts.  So basically one gift. 

Esteemed Contributor

Probably to many!! DH & I just had that conversation over the weekend.People we never hear from invite us to their events.We think it's because we are generous gift givers. 

We made a decision that we will only attend those events for people who we associate with regularly. If by some chance we can't attend an event that we want to go to we will of course send a gift.Otherwise,we will no longer send gifts along with regrets!

Honored Contributor

I am also in the under 5 group. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now that I’m older and retired, I mostly exchange cards with family/friends.  The only person I send gifts to is my mother.  She struggles financially so I try to send her whatever she needs. 

Honored Contributor

25+ gifts a year, excluding christmas.

if i include christmas then it would definitely be much higher.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just off the top of my head, probably 20-25 - maybe a few more.  

I'm not including Christmas in that number. 

Honored Contributor

20 which includes Christmas.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

20 which includes Christmas.   

Ditto.