Honored Contributor

Re: How many bags do you carry?

When I was working, I did carry like two bags with me.  One bag was my supplements that I took during the day... the other was odd ball things that I might need it an emergency came up at work... change of clothes, safety pins etc, change of shoes, a book or two, makeup....  etc etc.  I always wanted to feel I was prepared in case of an emergency or such.  I guess I took a bit of home with me to work

Valued Contributor

l just carry a SAK wristlet, that holds everything I need, including a side with a snap for my cell phone..I do have a couple of purses, but rarely use them.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Do the ones under my eyes count?

@Marp

Ha ha ha ha!!!   Marp, I wasn't expecting that and you made me laugh out loud!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

my last job i carried my purse, tote with my textbooks for an online course along with change of shoes, makeup bag and other sundries; work laptop in laptop case with peripherals , personal laptop ditto, for my course which i worked on over lunch breaks and many times stayed later to study because it was quiet after hours.  oh and an insulated lunch case!  so that makes 5!

overall, i always carried at least 3 bags to work and there were lots of coworkers who used roll aboards .  i just felt i needed to have everything becuase i spent many more hours at work than home!  i would get home at 7 and be in bed by 10!

ih and sometimes cold grocery items picked up at lunch time i kept in the office fridge.

Honored Contributor

As long as someone isn't carrying guns, bombs and knives in those bags I don't care if they bring in an entire set of matched luggage.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most days I carry two bags. One is my purse and the other has my gym and lunch bags. 

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

i generally carry 2-4 different types of bags into work. one reason i do that is i dont like to leave anything in my car.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Do the ones under my eyes count?

@Marp LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh.

By the way I only carry a small bag. I hate them but need something to put my remote starter, money, debit card & lip balm in. If I'm with DH I don't carry one at all.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I shouldn't let this bother me, but there's a co-worker who carries at least 4 bags to work every day.   Most of the time I bite my tongue but I want to say, what in the world do you have that you need 4 bags to tote it in???

We usually come in about the same time, so it's not a matter of not seeing her.   She does work in a different department however.    I politely inquired twice about it.    She carries a handbag, a backpack, a lunch tote and large tote bag.    The tote bag was full of information needed because her son was getting married.   I guess it had invitations, etc.

Then another time she pulled out a piece of a quilt she was working on.

But why the backpack?   I guess I'll never know because it's NUNYA.   None of my business.   Do you regularly carry more than one bag?

@software

Maybe she doesn't want to leave anything in her car.  Could be gym clothes.  Could be something she wants to work on during her lunch hour.  Maybe an extra pair of shoes for walking at lunch time.    

You're right .....   What ever she has in her bags, it's really not something that should bother you.   

Respected Contributor

I see people in larger cities carry more bags. Where I live most people have cars and leave things in their car like clothes, shoes, papers etc and go out to their cars if they need things. I used to carry a few bags when I worked.