Honored Contributor

Re: How many bags do you carry?

1 or none

Honored Contributor

Now that I'm no longer working, only one most of the time. When I was working I tried to consolidate, but really, whatever I needed to get me through that day. Purse only some days, purse and lunch another, and purse, lunch and my iPad in a tote some days. All of us had to park anywhere from a block to 5 blocks away from work.

But the idea of anyone questioning what was in my bags and why I needed so many and expecting to get a non-negative response? LOL. What's it to ya? Would have been my innate response.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 bags most of the time.  I carry my normal handbag and then I carry a large Vera Bradley tote.  In the tote I have my lunch, water and whatever I want to remember to take with me the next day.  

When I leave work I have my dirty dishes (in a recycled walmart bag) in my VB along with whatever I don't want to forget to take home or drop by the bank for mail box.

I own my own business so I have a lot of personal things I tote to my store or I take home.  If I put it in my VB I don't forget them.

If I don't have much in my VB, I put my handbag inside of it and then it "appears" like I only have one bag.

Honored Contributor

When I was still working and commuting into the city by bus I would always carry two bags.  One my purse and the other with my needs for the day, if it is was raining or snowing I commuted in boots and carried my work heels to change into, sometimes lunch or work that I had taken home, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

I carry 3 but I can put two in the same bag. I have my purse, then a bag with change of clothes and work products or paperwork for my other business then my bento box and the bag that goes into.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I wonder why it bothers you so much, enough to actually ask a stranger about it.  When I went into the office, I carried a big tote bag and everything I needed was in that tote.  Sometimes, I might carry second bag if I really had to.  I've seen women carrying 2 or 3 bags. I've seen women commuting with huge back packs and I have wondered what they could possibly be carrying....but I'd never ever ask them.

Trusted Contributor

Always two

My large handbag and 

my large tote that has almost all my jewelry in it...........well all of my rings and some makeup and some of the things that mean the most to me if I were to loose them.

It is a load but my friends understand................I have lost everything I own 5 times in my life and these things I carry in my big tote I would never get back so out of fear I take them with me.........my grandmother and mother made purses a big deal and we even take them to bed with us, not in the bed but our purse is always near to us......well me now since they are gone.   Silly I know but it is what it is.........

Respected Contributor

I carry one large, very heavy tote bag containing way more stuff than I need. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Only one handbag, and that's just some of the time.  If I'm just going to the store, bank, etc, I just grab a little wallet that I've had for eons.   I'm not much one for carrying around everything but the kitchen sink.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was in high school I worked near my Mom's office. She would carry her lunch and my dinner to work with her in the morning - put mine in the fridge in their lounge and I would go to her office after school ,  do my homework in their lounge and eat the lunch Mom brought for me. Then I'd leave my books there and she'd take them home for me, because my Dad picked her up so it was easier than me taking them on the bus.Anyway - she had a leather shopping bag shaped bag she carried as well as her purse to haul all that stuff in. AND- I almost forgot -  she also carried my little pink bakery uniform to work with her and I'd change clothes and she'd take home my school clothes.