Honored Contributor

Re: How long would you wait for an over due Etsy purchase?

So sorry.  Did you happen to check this seller's number of review stars?

I've always had good results.  So sorry.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Where was the vendor located???

For example, I ordered from Etsy and the vendor was in Canada and it took awhile but she clearly informed customers of the delay in getting deliveries to the U.S. it was 10 business days before I received my order....And with this was before the pandemic so I would assume it would even be slower based on how many people they have working in the post office in Canada and U.S......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If she has good feedback I wouldn't assume she's being dishonest. When it gets there you can always check the postmark to see if it matches up with what she told you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden I ordered masks from two different Etsy vendors (with good reviews) the end of March.   Took a good 3 weeks to get them...but they did arrive and both were really well made.

I knew they were swamped, so figured there would be a delay.  If it had gone past a month, I would have disputed the charges.

As others have suggested, I would give it another week.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse that is incorrect information. Sending a package first class via USPS has come with tracking included in the price for years.
Esteemed Contributor

This is from the shipping confirmation e-mail I received for masks ordered from Etsy.  It was about 5 days from the date I placed the order, and they are scheduled to be delivered today, even though they have been in town since Thursday afternoon.

Thank you for your order from Etsy! We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 4/21/2020.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.

Super Contributor

I ordered two masks from a seller. shortly got notice they had shipped and gave me a date of April 7-10. they didn't arrive, I sent an email, got no response. 4 days later got an updated ETA of April 10-16. they arrived April 20. 

on her website it did note they were behind meeting orders and slammed with tons of emails. be patient. if the seller has good reviews, they will likely arrive. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse. Good that you deleted your erroneous information about first class mail having no tracking.
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry this is happening to so many of you. 

If you want an Etsy vendor who really does have these in stock, try themagicspool.  I've ordered several masks from her. Some were shipped to me, some to my nephews in different states. We all received them quickly. 

I trusted her though.  I  bought other items from her several times last year. 

I have absolutely no affiliation with her. I'm just a shopper. 

For some of you, I'd look at the reviews for the vendors you bought from and would probably be asking for refunds now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Shipping from some places is taking a very, very long time and I think some of it has to do with the company being used.  I've had terrible luck with orders being shipped using FedEx.  I think it's a FedEx issue.  

My guess is for a mask it was dropped in the mail.  I ordered one from Etsy and that is how it was shipped.  It was in a bubble envelope and sent via regular U.S. mail.  But I didn't pay s/h either.