How long does it take to get a refund on my debit card?

I just recently placed an order a few hours ago, but I changed my mind and canceled the order. I was just wondering how long it would take to get the money back into my account.

QVC Customer Care

Re: How long does it take to get a refund on my debit card?

@DCruz0927 wrote:

I just recently placed an order a few hours ago, but I changed my mind and canceled the order. I was just wondering how long it would take to get the money back into my account.

@DCruz0927   There was an authorization received when the order was placed but you were not billed or charged for the order.  It usually take 3-5 days for the authorization to fall off, however, it depends on your bank or financial institution.  You may want to check with your bank for the correct number of days they hold the funds.  I hope this helps.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

QVC is not supposed to charge or debit your card until the order actually ships.  There shouldn't have been any transaction on your card.  HTH

Esteemed Contributor

hey melvin!  haven't heard from you in awhile...or maybe i've just been missing your posts....or maybe everyone is behaving!!  good to hear from you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use my Debit Card/Visa only while making purchases through QVC. There is always an authorization charge that immediately appears if you check your banking information online. If the item does not ship within two days, the charge drops off until the actual shipment.  

That is how it's handled with my bank., and I understand that it is dependent upon your banking institution. 

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

QVC is not supposed to charge or debit your card until the order actually ships.  There shouldn't have been any transaction on your card.  HTH

That's what I always thought but over the past few months when I've purchased, the item was charge to my card even though it took 3-8 days of PROCESSING before it shipped. I think it's one of those things they USED to do but changed it and didn't inform customers.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Q puts a hold on the funds, it's not an actual charge.  Your bank determines when the hold gets released. 

Honored Contributor

It can take up to a week.  For some reason, transactions with QVC take a VERY long time.  

Respected Contributor

If you have a Credit Card, use it for ordering.  The charge doesn't go on your account until the product is shipped.  You also have much better protections than with a Debit Card.

I ordered a blouse on my debit card but was wrong color so I cancelled same day how long before you credit my bank account back