Honored Contributor

How long did it take you to really start getting to know people here?

I have only been a member here for about 2 1/2 yrs. I never "blogged" before I came here and this is where I am learning how. It has taken me a long time to understand abbreviations and who's who. God forbid someone changes their nic !! That really screws me up and, believe me, it doesn't take much these days {#emotions_dlg.w00t}! Do any of you have a method for remembering who is who and who said what. I am not one to go looking up people's names and backtracking. How long did it take you to make friends and really get to know people?? I also am feeling a little guilty when I post to some who needs prayers or encouragement and not to others. Instead of doing that with just the people I do know, I kind of do it randomly...which really doesn't seem right either. Outside of keeping a journal, I am thinking, there must be a knack to this and I just haven't found it. In real life I am pretty much a one on one type of gal and like to see people in person and fairly expressive in my body language. It is hard work trying not to offend in the written word! Any suggestions would be appreciated.