Respected Contributor

Re: How long can you go without spending any money?

months, maybe a year

Trusted Contributor

About 2 - 3 days.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

months, maybe a year

Wow, that's pretty incredible. Do you grow your own fresh vegetables, @fourpaws56 .

Respected Contributor

hi noel,  lol, not sure I read the whole post, I do buy food weekly, but not clothes or household items....I do try to grow a lot of my own vegetables thi :-)

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

hi noel,  lol, not sure I read the whole post, I do buy food weekly, but not clothes or household items....I do try to grow a lot of my own vegetables thi :-)

LOL!  Hi @fourpaws56

I was thinking you must have a huge storage area where you keep A LOT of toilet paper, pet food, etc.  A virtual warehouse Woman LOL

Good for you, growing veg!

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

For me, 4-6 weeks easy.   I only shop for groceries every 2-3 months.  I bought gas for my SUV for the second time this year on Tuesday.   I absolutely do not leave this house unless I have to.   

Honored Contributor

I've gone a week, a few times, but had to plan ahead.  Both times, it was because I was having minor surgical procedures, and I stocked up on everything I needed 

Valued Contributor

I usually have done most of our grocery shopping..well, last year, recovering from my knee surgery, my husband started doing it..he made his lists, & usually got everything we needed..fast forward a year & now he LOVES going grocery shopping, with or without me..today we did need a lot of items & when we checked out, I was shocked at the amount we spent..not referring to prices, just a LOT of stuff..he did manage to slip several things in our cart that we don't normally buy...

i am happy that it seems he will be able to manage, on his own, not starve to death, if he is ever alone..guess I'm just worried about his possible addiction 😊

Super Contributor

Clothes, makeup, accessories, and random fun stuff? Weeks to months.

Grocery or household items? 4-7 days. The longer I go without shopping, I do end up using what I already have, but when it's time to shop I feel like I need to replenish everything at once!