Honored Contributor

Re: How long can you go without spending any money?

With 4 kids...not very long!

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@scatcat My daughter says she spends money on coffee every day she works , even though she can make coffee at home.  

I guess if you work and are not retired, you have more opportunities and places to spend money.

Ok. I rarely go out for coffee - I make 2 cups of Costco brand coffee a day for DH and me.  I'm not sure if you were assuming I blow money on coffee. 

No, I presumed that you might not be retired and younger than some posters.  I know when I worked, I spent money every day on something,  my daughter works and she spends money every day too.  At the very least on coffee.

We all have some sort of routine when we work and we deserve to treat ourselves.

I could be wrong, but didn't mean to imply that you blow money on anything.  Sorry about that.

Honored Contributor

If I want something I buy it. I am not a compulsive buyer, but if I want it I get it. Don't spend money every day as I am like a few posters here, I don't like to leave my house. I can stay a week without leaving no problem. I do go out and feed birds, check mail, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I haven't bought anything today!

@gidgetghWoman LOL Good oneWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

How long can you go is different than how long you do go but it depends.  If I waited to buy things I could go quite a while but I do buy from Amazon frequently.  When I find I need something, rather than going to a store, I almost always find it with Prime so I order right away and sometimes several times a week depending on what I need or want.  It actually saves me money because those items such as the soap I like, dog treats, makeup, cookies or candy, etc.  I order is all I buy but if I go to a store for just one item I end up buying much more than what I need.

I do,the same thing..  I am on auto delivery for many items.  It save me money and keeps me out of the store.

But I still manage to do some damage to my bottom line.

Respected Contributor

not long

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I hate to say it, but I spend money almost every day. I'm either paying bills or buying food or ordering something from the Q. The other day I mentioned to my husband that I wanted an old Vette. He said I already had an old vet.LOL I guess if I didn't have any money I wouldn't spend it, I'm afraid of debt.

A Vette has always been my dream car.  I said when I retired that I was getting one.  I like the 68-69 models.

Needles to say, I don't have one but,do drive an older car.  Mine is 10 years old.

Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can go a week or more....easy. I only leave the house once a week to grocery shop.  The older I get, the less I need. I have everything I need. Maybe that is why I save so much  more money then I spend.

Do you mean that literally @SeaMaiden? I mean some people say they don't leave the house but in reality they walk their dog or go for a walk themselves just to get out or go to the library to get some books. 

@Irshgrl31201Since my husband and I are retired, sometimes we don't go anywhere for a week. We have stairs that I walk for exercise. We don't have a dog. We are very happy staying home.

Esteemed Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can go a week or more....easy. I only leave the house once a week to grocery shop.  The older I get, the less I need. I have everything I need. Maybe that is why I save so much  more money then I spend.

Do you mean that literally @SeaMaiden? I mean some people say they don't leave the house but in reality they walk their dog or go for a walk themselves just to get out or go to the library to get some books. 

@Irshgrl31201Since my husband and I are retired, sometimes we don't go anywhere for a week. We have stairs that I walk for exercise. We don't have a dog. We are very happy staying home.

Oh I didn't mean it as an insult @SisterGoldenHair and now that I read it, it does sound nosy but I just didn't know if she meant she literally didn't leave the house at all or she just didn't go out shopping or to stores.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Oh I didn't mean it as an insult @SisterGoldenHair and now that I read it, it does sound nosy but I just didn't know if she meant she literally didn't leave the house at all or she just didn't go out shopping or to stores.

@Irshgrl31201I do understand that some people can't stay at home even one day. Cabin feverWoman Surprised I didn't take it as an insult.