Respected Contributor

Re: How late are people allowed to set off fire works?

@BalletBabe wrote:

It is horrible this year!

Heard a few huge bombs go off at between 12 and 1:30am this morning...what goes around might come around while they're sound asleep.  Hope it's sooner than later!

Esteemed Contributor

I grew up in Pa.  I now live in Florida.  They sell tons of them here for every holiday.  Tents everywhere! 

Honored Contributor

Midnight here, it used to be until 2am, can you believe?  Now fireworks are legal here and to be honest I am suprised it wasn't banned this year as we are in a drought.  So far it hasn't been too bad around us, we live at the lake so lots of activity around there..  

I really hate people go so overboard with fireworks, poor animals that are terrified..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Fireworks are not allowed  in my town, but we are right on the border of a state that sells  fireworks in grocery store parking lots. The banging has been going on since Friday night, I'm not sure that the cops even try to stop it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

What a waste of money!  I would rather buy a luminary candle!

Honored Contributor

11pm where I am and you can still hear them.

Honored Contributor

My current time 11:29 pm and going strong. Last night after 2am. DH retired Army Veteran dealing with confusion, anxiety , depression and will be tested in two weeks for PSDT : I'm confused and stressed did I get that in the correct order.? It has been a long difficult weekend.

Trusted Contributor

It really is horrible this year!  As I write this, it sounds like I am living in a war zone!  Our poor dog, my sweet girl is just terrified.  I've been up with her the past two nights and tonight she's even more scared.  I have a noisemaker on and the TV blaring.  Amazing how it's against the law but everyone in their freakin' brother seems to be shooting them off! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

It really is horrible this year!  As I write this, it sounds like I am living in a war zone!  Our poor dog, my sweet girl is just terrified.  I've been up with her the past two nights and tonight she's even more scared.  I have a noisemaker on and the TV blaring.  Amazing how it's against the law but everyone in their freakin' brother seems to be shooting them off! 

ITA.  They began shooting off fireworks where I live in mid June.  Of course, I asked myself how in the world could people get their hands on illegal fireworks in June.  Upon further thought, I realized that I knew that answer and despair set in.  It's a shame, really.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the nut cases and when they run out of illegal fireworks. 

I don't think the fines are hefty enough nor the jail time long enough - that should get the noise to calm down some. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust