Trusted Contributor

Re: How is your weather today?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee This isn't the first time the train has caused a fire..I did read the article about the man and the fire by his house and how it has happened before.  Other years it has happened too but the fire was put out in time.  It's too bad so many people are living at the schools and other evac centers....and those who have lost their jobs and income..I feel so bad for them....DW

Esteemed Contributor

Hot--87 at 6pm. Took a walk at 7 in the morning. Try to every day if weather ok. 90 something.

Respected Contributor

It's 8pm at my house and the temp on the patio is an even 100*.  More of the same for tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@dancingwoman there's been some reports about a man who reported seeing smoke shortly after a coal-fired train passed by his house. He reported his story to the Durango Herald on June 1. But officials have not confirmed it yet. I can absolutely understand why coal trains will need to be halted indefinitely until this danger subsides.  

@SilleeMee.  The Chama  to Antonito train has a car that follows them to make sure there are no small fires started by the coal burner, however, they're using a diesel engine this season.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 I know Durango used to have a car that did that too...I don't know where it was last week...DW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The trains bring in much needed revenue for SW Colorado. I wish I could offer a better solution to their problematic operation during the fire season but I don't have one. I did'nt know they caused fires to be honest.  @dancingwoman @Kachina624  

Honored Contributor

Another dreary depressing day here in north central Ohio.  The entire weekend was chilly and either rainy or cloudy and gloomy.

We managed to get our yard done yesterday after work but as I laid in bed last night, I heard the rain start.  It's super humid here and they said we are going to have a tropical dew point today.

It's supposed to get very hot and humid over the weekend. They are talking about a heat index of 95+ Sunday.  

Trusted Contributor

San Diego @ 1245 PDT
Sunny, 73F, 67% humidity

Honored Contributor

About 90. Yesterday was 94, a few days before that it was 66.  Go figure

Honored Contributor

Good news for the 4-Corners region this weekend!  There is a tropical storm located just south of the Baja and will break landfall, bringing in much needed moisture to the SW by Friday or Saturday. The 416 Fire was mentioned as being one area to be in it's path! @dancingwoman @Kachina624