Honored Contributor

Re: How is your weather today?

@Lisa Y wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

PHOENIX:  11:50 a.m. and 104°

Yes, but it's a dry heat, right? 🌞🔥

@Lisa Y    Yes, dry for now.......but the prevailing winds will shift in July and bring in some nasty humidity from Mexico(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Lisa Y wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

PHOENIX:  11:50 a.m. and 104°

Yes, but it's a dry heat, right? 🌞🔥

@Lisa Y    Yes, dry for now.......but the prevailing winds will shift in July and bring in some nasty humidity from Mexico(!)

Yes.  I was surprised to hear that around late June and in to July is the monsoons.  Days of humidity and thunderstorms.  And nearly everyday.  The storm are short though.  If you live in Flagstaff anyway. Don't know about the entire state.  Can anyone describe what they are like?  

Respected Contributor

It's yet another rainy day here in VA and I left house wearing capris, a short sleeve top and sandals.  When I backed car out of the garage I knew it was too chilly for what I'm wearing but too lazy to change.  It's cccold out there right now - weather channel says it's 61, here in N, Virginia, in June!  Rarely happens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, yesterday the USFS announced the closingSmiley Surprised of one of our national forests because of the severe drought conditions near the 4-Corners area of Colorado. I've lived here for most of my life and I have NEVER heard of this kind of thing happening. The USFS has prohibited people from entering the San Juan National Forest and will impose a fine if they catch you entering or if you are there and don't leave. There is a huge fire burning there right now...it's called the '416 Fire'. There are reports that some unknown hikers may still be inside the forest and may not be aware of this closing.

I live over 200 miles away from the 416 Fire and I see and smell the smoke from it.

@dancingwoman

@Kachina624

The fire-fighting 747 jet in action near the town of Durango, Colorado:

618721530.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.   I heard they closed US 550 (Million Dollar Highway) several days ago.  This fire is going to ruin Durango's tourist season.  Needless to say the train to Silverton isn't running.  The train in Chama is running but they're using a diesel engine instead of the coal burner to eliminate the threat of fire from sparks.  One of our national forests also closed, maybe the Santa Fe National Forest. Those big planes with the retardant are supposed to be refueling in Albuquerque  but I haven't seen any fly over my house.  They have a red stained belly so are easy to identify.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's 69 degrees in Albuquerque and it may climb to 98.  They're teasing us with the promise of an early monsoon season starting this weekend.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

ABQ

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Lovely.  It's sunny and right now it's 64 but it will be low 70's.  A perfect June day.  

Respected Contributor

quite warm....it has been in the 80s but the next couple of days will be 100...yuck, I can't wait for Fall!

Respected Contributor

98 today, with temperatures maybe dropping to 87 on Saturday because of a cold front and some rain coming in.

Honored Contributor

Tuesday June 12..... Seattle area... still cool...  in the 60's partly cloudy with rain tonight into tomorrow... then a warm up to the weekend and  up to 85 degrees by Father's Day!