Honored Contributor

Re: How is your weather? We are getting very wet.

I live in NYC. My mother had surgery for a broken hip ( she is 91, she fell yesterday). I don't like driving at night but stayed late at the hospital as I wanted to see my mother in recovery. I think God was with me on my ride home, it was dark and it was pouring, I could barely see. I've never been so happy to be home!

Respected Contributor

SW PA  Our rain finished up about 1pm; after that it was just cloudy and still comfortable enough to go outdoors with only a sweatshirt.  Around 5 the sun broke thru for a bit.  Thursday to be another cloudy day with perhaps some wind.  I haven't given up on our tree color yet. We still have an abundance of leaves, which have just started to change.

Valued Contributor

Texas - Hot and dry.

Honored Contributor

When I left beautiful sunny FL this morning it was sunny 92 degrees before heading to Philadelphia.

Holy Moly scariest turbulent flight I've had in quite awhile.  Kids on board were loving it like they were on a roller coaster.  Poor guy along side of me -- pretty sick🤢🤢

Pilot comes on about 20 minutes before landing and tells us high winds, pouring rain & 60 degrees!  He wasn't kidding!

Its high winds and still raining & to think I was gonna just pack shorts😳 and dress for party.  

Honored Contributor

western Wa state here-- rain, rain, and more rain for the next week. Our usual tho--- no cyclone bombs or whatever it is called.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been raining here today in Vancouver, Canada. We have had a very wet September and it looks like October will be more of the same. Summer ended very quickly around here.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

New Mexico is just about perfect.  Chilly nights, warm days in 70s; clear, crystal blue skies.   No rain in sight, unfortunately.  Aspen trees nearing peak color in mountains and cottonwoods are showing color along the Rio Grande.  When the cottonwoods turn solid gold and the late afternoon sun hits them, they're a glorious sight to behold.

Sounds like heaven...I am going to have to make a trip there one day.Show some pictures of the trees if you can...would love to see them.

Honored Contributor

Southeast PA very wet with heavy rain last night.  Today very windy & cool....it's around 50 or so out.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I 'm in SE PA and we are getting it too! So far we have almost 1 1/4 inches! I'm so happy! You are probably right about the leaves. Just so dry, they are just drying up and falling off. I walked in the door after work, and the house felt so cold and damp! I complained to DH and he said "Is it too hot or too cold for your?" Really? Temp is back to the comfy zone and I'm curled up on the couch. I just love these cold rainy days!

I'm in Northern Panhandle of WV. so I'm getting the same weather. Had to put the furnace on, I'm on Plavic so I'm cold all the time. Already put my winter flannels on my bed. I love the rain, also love the snow, I'm retired now, so the weather can do it's thing.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

It has been a cold, rainy day here in  northern Washington. This type of weather always inspires me to bake, so I baked a pound cake. Although this weather is typical for this time of year, It still influences how I cook.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   (Love your name BTW!Smiley Happy) . I also cook seasonally and like to make roasts and warm stews when it's cold out.  However if I did much baking then I would be eating all of that ....kids are grown and out of the house & DH is a health fanatic and won't eat sugar....so that leaves me.  Ugh!  I love to eat stuff like that but it's a never ending fight to lose weight!