Esteemed Contributor

How is your weather? We are getting very wet.

It's 6:10 pm or so in NE PA  right now.  It is raining like mad, has been off and on all day.  We need the rain but a very ugly day especially after the last few days.

I refuse to complain about the chilly damp weather because it wasn't that long it was like a blast furnance.

I just put on a great heavy  robe I got from Stan Herman years ago and heavy socks.  It's a look let me tell you, but I"m comfy.  I can only strip down so far in really hot weather without the cat running for the closet. lol

I don't think the leaves are going to be very pretty this year.

How is your weather?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How is your weather? We are getting very wet.

expecting heavy rain and strong winds at midnight here in RI......i love stormy weather!

Honored Contributor

In Northern Virgina it's cool, very windy this evening and it's been raining (heavy at times) all day!

I expect the leaves to fall off of many of the trees this week.  Not a lot of them have changed yet, but it's supposed to be cool all week.

Originally, they said the rain would stop but it's still coming down as of 6:00PM.

We really needed the rain.  I have a lot of deer that come in my yard.  My Blink camera gets them every day and always at night.

I've been putting water in the fountains so they have some water to drink.

My gardner puts out a lot of flowers every season.  The deer eat the flowers.  I really don't care.  I enjoy seeing them as they pass the cameras.

Respected Contributor

Here in the Sacramento area, they are predicting rain between 2 and 5 AM during the night. I hope it happens, we haven't had rain in awhile and there is fire danger all over the state.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I 'm in SE PA and we are getting it too! So far we have almost 1 1/4 inches! I'm so happy! You are probably right about the leaves. Just so dry, they are just drying up and falling off. I walked in the door after work, and the house felt so cold and damp! I complained to DH and he said "Is it too hot or too cold for your?" Really? Temp is back to the comfy zone and I'm curled up on the couch. I just love these cold rainy days!

Honored Contributor

New Mexico is just about perfect.  Chilly nights, warm days in 70s; clear, crystal blue skies.   No rain in sight, unfortunately.  Aspen trees nearing peak color in mountains and cottonwoods are showing color along the Rio Grande.  When the cottonwoods turn solid gold and the late afternoon sun hits them, they're a glorious sight to behold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  You paint a lovely picture!

Honored Contributor

It's raining here in south central PA and is dark and dreary.  The temp was 62 earlier and around 55 right now.

Our home is still a warm 74 degrees and the heat has not been turned on yet.  I am ready to crack open a window for a little while.

The rest of the week it will be 60 to 68 degrees. Still very comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom    I  don't  mind a few rainy days in a row.  When it drags into a week or so I get somewhat antsy.  I'm one of those people that needs to see the sun now and then especially with shortened daylight hours.

I love the 1st substantial snowfall, everything is so pretty.  By the 8th or 9th snowfall I'm over it though.  lol  When we got enough snow and or ice where going to work was a no go, I loved to spend the day cooking and baking. (Every boss I worked for had a (Don't risk your life to get here policy.")

Esteemed Contributor

It has been a cold, rainy day here in  northern Washington. This type of weather always inspires me to bake, so I baked a pound cake. Although this weather is typical for this time of year, It still influences how I cook.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖