Respected Contributor

Re: How is your Christmas shopping?

We give money, something you do not have to shop for. Checks were mailed to the adults to buy something the young ones want.

Respected Contributor

Got about half done so far....just need to go to Kohl's and and perhaps Lord & Taylor to pick up a few shirts and things for my sons.  Got a really nice stainless steel flip open garbage can for one of my sons LOL!  He has a uncovered old one I took for him from my parents home after they passed away.  Last time at his apartment it was full/over flowing with trash (it smelled bad!) so I thought he NEEDS a good covered foot open close trash can!

That's mostly the kinds of gifts I am buying for my son's....I am thinking of getting a shredder for the oldest....Costco had a nice one for a good price...gotta get that next.

Husband and I got things already....he wanted a new computer from Costco...got that already.  I got a Bose speaker (hope I like it) and I also ordered a new computer for me (I bought this for myself) the TSV in Gold Flower Q had on.  I am really looking forward to that new laptop!

Seems like my Husband got a much more expensive gift then me...his was $1000 for this laptop at Costco...my speaker is only $200....hmmm....think I'll mention that LOL!

Honored Contributor

I don't buy many Christmas gifts but as of today am almost finished.  I just have to stop by a restaurant and get a gift card for my dog groomer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m done.....and yesterday placed a Kohl’s order for a couple of items to tuck away for next year.  I can’t afford to do it all at once....I shop throughout the year and keep a list so  I remember what I purchased!

Honored Contributor

I don't shop for gifts. I usually give out money instead. But I DO shop for myself and I'm not done yet.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Done without even thinking of starting it. I don’t exchange gifts with anyone (my and my family’s choice) so there’s nothing to it!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Done and everything wrapped.  Boxes that I am shipping packed and waiting to take to post office.  I hate stress and like to enjoy the holidays so I shop all year.  

Respected Contributor

I started.  Lol

Honored Contributor

I could probably buy one more additional item for my mom and her husband but I've bought for everyone I'm going to and basically consider myself done. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I bought a present for my daughter I never thought I would, one of the QVC ladders.

Her dad was on our old ladder changing a light bulb in the ceiling.  I asked if she thought he would like a better ladder, she said no, he loves his old one but she would like it as a Christmas gift.  Surprised me for only a minute, she likes learning and doing things for the house and that ladder has safety features.  Dad said, once again, he didn't want a new ladder... sigh.

I'll stick a bow on it, I won't even try to wrap it.

You can never go wrong with a gift they ask for and bonus points that it's a practical gift. @Noel7

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval