Honored Contributor

How is your Christmas shopping?

I am finished shopping.  How about you?  I did notice this year that Cyber Monday was being celebrated on Black Friday by quite a few companies.  I did take advantage of the sales and free shipping.  Share your experiences.   HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: How is your Christmas shopping?

Not done and not close to done.  LOL  I did get a chunk done Cyber Monday.  Now I have to wait for the stuff to come in and see if it meets my expectations.

I am off on a Friday and Monday in a couple of weeks and I will finish everything up then.  I don't have a lot to buy so it shouldn't take me long.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am in the waiting for the packages to come period.

Purchased from a bunch of retailers but bought nothing yet from QVC.

Then I am off to storing everything in my closet and sorting to be wrapped.

Honored Contributor

Done! 

I am down to buying my presents for me.  Have a few still coming and planning on one or two more as soon as I get a few more paychecks.  It's the only time of year I spoil myself.  

Trusted Contributor

There's never enough money at this time of year, it seems like, so I'm waiting on my next payday before I finish up shopping for six grandkids and two nieces. 

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

There's never enough money at this time of year, it seems like, so I'm waiting on my next payday before I finish up shopping for six grandkids and two nieces. 

@Shogirl, I'm not sure if this would be an option for you but I always do the 52 week money challenge.  If you've not heard of it, you start off week 1 depositing $1.00 in an account, week 2 you depost $2.00, week 3 you deposit $3.00 until your final deposit of $52.00.  At the end of the 52 weeks you have $1,378.00.  I have been doing this for a couple of years and that is what I use for my x-mas money. 

I know some people do it backwards so they are paying less and less as the year goes on instead of more and more.  I have a friend who does it both ways and uses one account for her x-mas money and the other account for vacation money.    

Honored Contributor

I bought a present for my daughter I never thought I would, one of the QVC ladders.

Her dad was on our old ladder changing a light bulb in the ceiling.  I asked if she thought he would like a better ladder, she said no, he loves his old one but she would like it as a Christmas gift.  Surprised me for only a minute, she likes learning and doing things for the house and that ladder has safety features.  Dad said, once again, he didn't want a new ladder... sigh.

I'll stick a bow on it, I won't even try to wrap it.

Honored Contributor

Just about done. Waiting for delivery of the last few gifts. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

A couple of small things just came, along with a huge box from Target and the ladder.

DH was in the bathroom at the time.

Dontcha just know it?

Honored Contributor

90% done. One more GC and perhaps one more gift and that’s it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all