Esteemed Contributor

Re: How is everyone on the East Coast

[ Edited ]

i live in RI.....no power until friday.....love our Generac!

Trusted Contributor

I live an hour north of NYC, power out, as well as cable and internet. Trees down everywhere. No restoration time as of yet, I think it is going to be a while. My whole town is out. Thank goodness for our generator and internet hot spots. The worst part is in my area we have well water and during power outages, that means no water for those of us with small generators. 

My DD lives in Connecticut, she seldom loses power but this time she's out as well and says CT is a mess. We are just happy to be safe.

Be safe and well all.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

Camden Co, N.J.

Power outage from 12 noon till 3:00am.  

I live in a 50+ community.  The men in my building went out got ice, filled up several ice chest w/wine & soda.  Us ladies had delivered seafood, chicken & fish platters (community room kitchen had power).  I supplied the cups, paperplates & silverware (thank you BJ'.)  Another tenant who is a "radio jock" supplied the music.

We had an outside power outage party that lasted till 3:00a.  All of us sitting 6 ft apart.  The PSE&G repair men (3 trucks) came over for a night snack after they were done.

The men cleaned up.  Fun had by all.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@nova wrote:

Hi!  I'm in central NJ & the storm was brutal here.  The wind shear was worse than the rain & it was scary.  We lost power for 11 hours, (Also no internet or cable for several hours)  We lost some siding off the back of the house as well as lots of debris & things tossed around by the wind.  Our pool which my husband always maintains beautifully now looks like a swamp.  After hurricane Sandy we bought a generator so we were ok but as of this morning still about a million people here in NJ without power.  Our electric company - JCPL - has quite a bit of repair work to do.  

@nova I am also in Central NJ. We also bought a whole house generator after Sandy, so we had power.

Lots of rain and wind yesterday.  A piece of trim near the roof came loose, but no other damage. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

I also live in RI and we had one inch of rain with gusts up to 65mph.

We lost power at 5:00 yesterday afternoon and it didn't come back on until 11:00 this morning!

Luckily we didn't open the fridge or freezer the entire time, my food was still frozen solid thankfully.  I did have to throw out a couple of things in the fridge but not bad all around and thankful no damage!

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC and am lucky I wasn't hit hard. My power went out for about 30 seconds, but thankfully came back on. It was off long enough so I had to reset everything in my house, also it messed up my cable. It was crazy windy but luckily the trees stayed upright, just a lot of branches and twigs on my property. I feel bad for my niece, she lives in Westchester, her power went out about 2:00 or 3:00 pm ( she told me power goes out often). I called her this morning about 9:00, she still doesn't have power yet. I told her to order a charger to have on hand to keep her cell phone going ( she ordered one this morning). She is also upset about all the spoilage of her food. I told her to check with her power company to see if they refund their customers money for their loss. She has renter's insurance, she's going to give them a call.

Esteemed Contributor

South of Richmond, VA, two tornados in area, but none directly near me. Several buildings and homes damaged due to tornados and falling trees. 
  My power didn't go out but many people are still without power here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Camden Co, N.J.

Power outage from 12 noon till 3:00am.  

I live in a 50+ community.  The men in my building went out got ice, filled up several ice chest w/wine & soda.  Us ladies had delivered seafood, chicken & fish platters (community room kitchen had power).  I supplied the cups, paperplates & silverware (thank you BJ'.)  Another tenant who is a "radio jock" supplied the music.

We had an outside power outage party that lasted till 3:00a.  All of us sitting 6 ft apart.  The PSE&G repair men (3 trucks) came over for a night snack after they were done.

The men cleaned up.  Fun had by all.

You got lemons and made lemonade. Good Job by all of u.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in New Jersey. Power was out from 1:30 p.m. Aug. 4 until 11:15  a.m. Aug. 5.   Glad my a/c, phones, tvs and internet are working now.

Respected Contributor

I am in Middlesex county, NJ. The most affected in NJ. We had lots of rain and pretty strong wind yesterday. Lots of broken trees, branches, closed roads today. 

My power went out yesterday at around 4 pm and came back today at 3 pm.

Not too bad. Some people have much worse.