Respected Contributor

Re: How is everyone on the East Coast

Westchester County, north of NYC - no cable yet, but I do have power.  The local news says everything should be restored by Sunday.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still no power here in NY. They said 8 am this morning still nothing. Good news is we have seen some New York State Gas and Electric trucks go by. So hopefully soon, still no cable and internet as well.

Update: Power and internet just came back on! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@Jordan2   I'm hoping by now your daughter has her power back!

I have to ask a question though. I have never heard of a power company reimbursing customers for food loss due to spoilage from an outage. Is that a NorthEast thing perhaps?

I know here in the south if I called my power company to ask I'd probably get hung up on lol

@SunSprite remember when you asked about a power company reimbursing you for loss of food? I just heard ConEdison customers can file claims for food spoilage due to the power outage.

Trusted Contributor

Town was picking up some trees today.  Got close, but still haven't made it to pick up the tree in front of our house.

My office was supposed to get back power as of 2:45 Wednesday; but they are still out.  The business was hurting due to the pandemic, this hasn't done them any favors. 

Do the math.
Valued Contributor

@Jordan2   I gotta say, that is pretty awesome! 

Maybe we can get that to catch on down here lol

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon