Honored Contributor

How is everyone on the East Coast

Hi all I am in a little North of NYC, the storm came thru from 1-3, we lost 1/2 power around 2, kitchen side with the fridge still had power, we ran a cord to run a fan and a light in the livig room. All power went out at 10 30 and then back on fully at 12:25, it took a while to fall asleep sleep but finally did. Thank goodness for small favors

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: How is everyone on the East Coast

Here in Northern Virginia we got a lot of rain in the morning, but it wasn't nearly as windy as they predicted. By lunchtime it was bright and sunny, so we went to our pool last night after dinner. We didn't lose power and didn't have any flooding in our neighborhood. 

Honored Contributor

Metro-DC area here.  Had 3 inches of rain, no major winds.  Thankfully!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Here in Suffolk County ,Long Island, New York we had a lot of high winds but little rain. A lot of down trees !!

My son lives in Nassau County.He lost his power yesterday at 2 pm. & it still hasn't come back!!

Honored Contributor

I lucked out -  my power flickered a few times, my TV disappeared for a little longer but I never lost full power or WiFi for more than a minute.   Lots of leaves and branches -  no big trees went down near us. Not enough rain to wash the dust from my car.  Meanwhile just a block or two away, power disappeared, trees were uprooted, etc.

I haven't even checked local news this AM, but when I turned off last night there were still 340,000 Long Islanders without power. 

Today is a gift -  beautiful sun, lower humidity. 

Honored Contributor

It was pretty mild here in my part of South Jersey. A lot of rain, some wind, but not too bad.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning One and All,

I'm in Morris County, NJ. Lots of rain and wind. The power went out around 1:00 PM yesterday (Mon.) and has not come back on yet. 😞. JCPL expects power restoration by Thursday or Fri. 
Thankfully, the weather isn't expected to be too hot or humid and we slept with the windows opened last night. It was quite comfortable, but every time I enter a room, I turn on the light switch. Old habits die hard I guess.

Edited: At 8:40 Wed. night, the power came back on. There was cheering on my street! We were still waiting for cable, internet, and phone. Thurs at 7:00 PM, everthing was up and running. Today, Fri AM internet and cable are out again and I don't know why.

Trusted Contributor

Hi!  I'm in central NJ & the storm was brutal here.  The wind shear was worse than the rain & it was scary.  We lost power for 11 hours, (Also no internet or cable for several hours)  We lost some siding off the back of the house as well as lots of debris & things tossed around by the wind.  Our pool which my husband always maintains beautifully now looks like a swamp.  After hurricane Sandy we bought a generator so we were ok but as of this morning still about a million people here in NJ without power.  Our electric company - JCPL - has quite a bit of repair work to do.  

Valued Contributor

CT is a disaster.  700K without power -- and this is a tiny state.  The electric companies have already said it will be days before it is restored.  Tons of trees and wires down all over the state.  Many roads closed.  Miraculously we have power.  Areas all around us do not.  We were very fortunate and are very grateful.

Respected Contributor

Eastern Pa. here. Got about 5 inches of water. Some places like Allentown got hit really bad. Bucks Cnty. had a tornado to boot. Someone locally died when trying to get her vehicle thru high water. My sister who lives a bit north of me got 4 inches of water in her basement and I got a few drips coming in from where my water and sewer pipes run thru the wall. No power, phone or cable outage.Take care everyone.