Esteemed Contributor

How, if at all, have you changed in the.......

10 years?  Where do I begin.  At 58 I had no major health issues.I took no meds. I liked being out and about.  Liked dressing up, make-up the whole nine yards. I had energy to spare.  I liked cooking and having people come for get togethers.

Fast forward 10 yrs., when I hit 66 everything on me started falling apart.  I don't give a rat's backside about clothes, make-up, shopping or going out (other than meeting 3 friends for dinner monthly). I don't cook much anymore.  The thought of entertaining exhausts me.

I have done a 180 concerning pretty much everything.

Anyone else change a lot in 10 relatively short years?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How, if at all, have you changed in the.......

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

10 years?  Where do I begin.  At 58 I had no major health issues.I took no meds. I liked being out and about.  Liked dressing up, make-up the whole nine yards. I had energy to spare.  I liked cooking and having people come for get togethers.

Fast forward 10 yrs., when I hit 66 everything on me started falling apart.  I don't give a rat's backside about clothes, make-up, shopping or going out (other than meeting 3 friends for dinner monthly). I don't cook much anymore.  The thought of entertaining exhausts me.

I have done a 180 concerning pretty much everything.

Anyone else change a lot in 10 relatively short years?

i feel the exact same way....

Honored Contributor

We used to love cruising.  Started about 15 years ago in my early 50s.  Took about 20 cruises in that period of time.  Just returned from a 14 day Alaska cruise and couldn' wait to get home.  Cruising has changed and so have we. 

Respected Contributor

I've got a few years on the OP and my health is behind any change in what I do or don't do compared to even just a few years ago.  My feet are shot and joint problems have put a big halt on the amount of walking I can do or even want to do.  (Hurting will do that to you.)  I do still care about clothes, makeup, etc. but traveling is a thing of the past and so is shopping.  And I certainly am not a social butterfly, I like my own company a lot more than ever.  I like getting out  with friends but I'm always glad to get home again.  Give me a good book and I'm a happy camper!

Respected Contributor

What a great question!  Ten years ago my world was imploding - divorce, foreclosure, bankruptcy.  I have since purchased a nice little condo for myself and rebuilt my retirement fund a bit.  I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition and glaucoma to add to my high blood pressure, but nothing that a pill (or eye drop) can't control.  I remain happily single and my two sons each found lovely wives.  I have friends, hobbies and a job that I hope to be able to walk away from in the next few years. 

Respected Contributor

Started volunteering 11 years ago at a State Park making goodie bags for children's events & wanted to do more so for the last 10 years I'm volunteering 6 days a week at hospitals & involved in groups that give a handup not a handout. It's funny but I've found helping others helps me too & I appreciate the opportunity. Yes I'm older, slower, grayer, crinkled, sagging & not into having a perfect home like before but I'm OK with that & me. Interesting thread @CrazyKittyLvr2...be well.

Honored Contributor

Got non-committal engaged....

Purchased a new car w/cash...

Letting hair grow out from a shaved butch crew cut & taking good care of same.  Most people don't recognize me now. Hair has grown to mid-back & still growing.  My barber has been asking customers if any of them have seen me.  I am thinking about going back to barber for a trim which I need badly.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I know exactly how you feel. The person I once was, outgoing, social and phyisically active no longer exist since I became chronically ill. I have had to learn to accept this new person and not be so hard on her. You also learn very quickly who you can count on to still be there once you can no longer do what you once could. There’s not that many. I’m happy for every day I wake up, can experience natures beauty, and all the small things that make being alive wonderful. 

Respected Contributor

I'm interested @Mz iMac...what's a non commitial engagement? Enjoy your new car.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51My condition--> No promise to marry but will be monogamous.  He agreed.

He's 10 yrs younger.  Easier to train. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif