Super Contributor

How handy are you around the house?

Not really handy. Can change a light bulb, light painting, that's about it.

Thankfully my DH is really handy and the things that we can't do we hire a handy-man for.

Super Contributor

Re: How handy are you around the house?

I'm pretty darn handy but my husband enjoys it more than I do so what the heck, why should I deprive him of his handy projects . . . but I do help him out on 2 person tasks.

Honored Contributor

My father had a home improvement store and had a great little "fix-it" workshop in our home, and I took after him in that respect. I was always taking things apart and then attempting to put them back together -- not always successful in the latter.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} I think it transformed into my interest in debugging computer hardware and software problems.

My DH was wonderfully "handy," loved carpentry and the fun and satisfaction of fixing a problem without calling in the professionals. We had a good time doing these things together, too. I'm still likely to try my hand at the DIY first, but I stay away from electrical problems or major plumbing issues. Not my area of expertise!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

DH is very handy around the house and when I get tired of waiting for him to do it, I'm very handy around the house. Smile One of us will get it done.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Can you change a faucet??

Come over to my place. I have pie.

Honored Contributor

Can do. Chocolate?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Preds said:

Can do. Chocolate?

Woo hoo. Double Chocolate Silk Pie. Whip cream?

Super Contributor

Being a single parent when my kids were young, I learned to do almost everything needed around the house. Now that I am older, it's nearly physically impossible for me to do very much. I won't get on a ladder for anything anymore. I used to get onto the roof and do the maintenance on the swamp cooler, put in garbage disposers, etc. I wish I could still do the maintenance.

Super Contributor

I'm impressed with the skills some of you have!

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Cattitude said:
On 1/16/2015 Preds said:

Can do. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Chocolate?

Woo hoo. Double Chocolate Silk Pie. Whip cream?

I just fixed my icemaker... hmmmm... maybe I need to reward myself. Thanks for the idea, Cat!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova