Honored Contributor

Re: How handy are you around the house?

On 1/17/2015 Kachina624 said: I'm pretty handy and have a tool collection most men would envy. How many women have those big red rolling tool boxes stuffed with tools? My ex, my dad and son were all very handy and I learned a lot watching them.

I'd love to have a red craftsmen tool chest with multiple drawers and wheels.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

About as handy as a screen door in a submarine.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I used to rent in NYC and always wish I could just phone the super to come up and fix something.

But I finally saw I couldn't fix my ailing lemon of a new dishwasher after tinkering with it successfully for almost two years. I am good at maintaining appliances in good condition and I can fix a lot of electronic snafus, but for taking things apart and fixing them, I am not too good.

Honored Contributor

I am mechanically challenged but I do help DH with certain tasks when warranted. He does most of the work and I serve as his ""go for"" assistant.

On the other hand I'm very handy in the kitchen. I love to bake.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I have replaced the pump on my washing machine and just last week I replaced the coupler on the same machine....(thanks youtube)! I put a new intake hose on my toilet.(thanks again youtube)I can paint, caulk,and basic stuff.
Honored Contributor

I get really disgusted with women who say they're so unmechanical that they couldn't possibly put the legs on an Duraflame electric stove. They're not unskilled...they're lazy, too much so to read the directions and figure it out. There is more help available now for DIY projects than there has ever been.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/17/2015 Bird mama said:
On 1/17/2015 Kachina624 said: I'm pretty handy and have a tool collection most men would envy. How many women have those big red rolling tool boxes stuffed with tools? My ex, my dad and son were all very handy and I learned a lot watching them.

I'd love to have a red craftsmen tool chest with multiple drawers and wheels.

Me, too! My son used to always borrow my tools, drills, circular saw, etc. and they never seemed to come back! So I bought new ones and told him he couldn't borrow any more. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I have a lot of tools but no big red Craftsman tool chest! {#emotions_dlg.huh}