Honored Contributor

Re: How does it work in your family?

This is a total stranger and a celebrity of sorts .I am sure you recall the thread which was locked after you posted

I just don't know how you can decide , exactly who makes the decisions, in a family you don't even know @Trinity11 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

This is a total stranger and a celebrity of sorts .I am sure you recall the thread which was locked after you posted

I just don't know how you can decide , exactly who makes the decisions, in a family you don't even know @Trinity11 

If it is the thread I am thinking of, I stopped trying to figure out strangers on the internet years ago. Of course I agree with you that she is not to blame solely for anything but people are complex ... Who knows why they come up with their judgments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't know this was a re-hash of another thread, deleted my post

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  thank you, I just didn't want to feel, I am over sensative, because of my family makeup...I realize everyone doesn't like everyone else. Many, at least, try to be objective

Honored Contributor

I was reared somewhat firmly and DH was permissive.  Rearing two boys with that kind of backup wasn't easy at times.

Esteemed Contributor

Even when I was married I made most of the decisions. He paid the bills. I found out later he was terrible with the money he earned. In terms of the children, it was me 99%.

I am proud to say that they have grown up to be loving, responsible, well educated and successful adults. The one who is married: his wife defers most of the decision making to him.

Esteemed Contributor

Looking back over many years ago, DH and I made many mutual decisions.  However, DH always worked long hours.  I was determined to be a strong yet fair mother.  I think I was more strict than some, but loving, if that makes sense.  I handled the day-to-day running of the household and handled issues as they arose.  Never once said, “Wait til your father comes home,”

My children have grown up to be good people.  We are proud of them.  

Honored Contributor

I choose my cars, my husband chooses his. He likes pleasing me and I like pleasing him. We get on because we are compatible, like the same things, the same people. 

I watch House Hunters, so often couples want totally different styles when choosing their house. If they are that far apart concerning a house, I have to think they have made an unfortunate choice of mates.