Respected Contributor

Re: How does QVC know how many people are on the lines ?

@Leggett28 But they don't know what item they are ordering. Come On !!

Honored Contributor

I, too, order by phone.

I make notes of the time, etc., etc.

Don't ask me why, but I feel better about it.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

When I worked in Telephone Sales 40 years ago they knew exactly how many calls were coming in and how many were waiting.  We worked a big call center and there would be a light on the ceiling and if the light went from green to yellow there were more calls and when it turned to red there were a Ton more calls and to  not dilly dally on the phone.  Each call was timed and our performance evaluations were judged on the amount of time spent on each call. The lower the time the better your evaluation.  UGH.  That is how they evaluated their Customer Service Representatives as well I worked in that department as well. 

on a side note, that company has been out of business for YEARS.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Leggett28 But they don't know what item they are ordering. Come On !!

oh, not so sure about that… A few years ago I took the QVC tour… They had a television screen with all the stats. They explained that they kept track of everything and fed that information to the host, including what color was selling the best. Every time a host says something like, "I love bright orange purse the best, THAT's my fav!"...rest  assured, it's a dud in the numbers. Everything is being documented and fed to the sales people...hey...that's what they are there to do, sell the MOST product possible...technology like this helps them do it!