Trusted Contributor

How do you make your quartz countertops shine?

Any tips?  TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: How do you make your quartz countertops shine?

I continue to use the product the installers used.  Its called Somaca

Hi-Gloss Stone Countertop.  It is described as a cleaner-polish-protectant for sealed and unsealed natural stone surfaces and engineered stone surfaces.

It has a pleasant scent.  I tend to use it more frequently on areas of the countertops that get more frequent usage, like around the sink.  Believe I restocked my supply thru Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My quartz counters never shine. They were manufactured without a shiny surface.  Quartz material can be ordered with a matt or glossy finish. if you have the matt finish, you cannot make them glossy.

I use a granite and quartz spray product that I buy at the grocery store, to keep them nice. I just spray and wipe. There are several brands and they all work good, but Weinman is the one I buy most often.

I have granite in my home too that is glossy.  They same product keeps them clean and shiny.

Honored Contributor

Quartz doesn't shine. If you wanted a shiny surface perhaps granite would have been a better choice. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I use a product called daily granite for natural stone surfaces. Leaves a high shine and an apple scent.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My quartz kitchen counters and center island shine, even when they haven't been cleaned.  Not true that quartz doesn't shine.

I use SIMPLE GREEN STONE CLEANER & POLISH, available at Home Depot and probably lots of other places.

Spray bottle  label says

"Perfect for daily use, non-abrasive, streak-free"

"Safe to use daily for granite, marble, travertine, limestone, porcelain, ceramic, quartz and engineered stone surfaces."

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Quartz doesn't shine. If you wanted a shiny surface perhaps granite would have been a better choice. 

Not so. My Silestone kitchen counters have been shining since we installed them 14 years ago.  They still look like new. 

Honored Contributor

I just had quartz put in a few weeks ago and they were shiny upon install.  I read to buff them with a microfiber towel.

That's all I've done so far.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN